Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"Look at this view," I said as the sunset in the west, creating a beautiful sky. We were on the 71st floor obviously, so of course it looked beautiful. The city was still busy as ever, but it was nice not to hear the honking 24/7.

"I like the view." Y/n said in a different voice. I looked at her questioningly before catching on,

"You're my best view."

"Eh." We both laughed quietly at each other as there were other fancy people here. The waiter came back with our wine and bread and we order the very expensive food. Y/n was hesitant to order honestly, but all the meals are priced the same. She got the Steak Tartare and Ōra King Salmon, while I got the Farm salad and Spring Lamb. Just with those 4 things alone without tax, it was $122. Then the wine and bread on top of that. And dessert if we decide to have it.

"What time is sound check tomorrow?" Y/n asked me as she took a bite of her piece of bread.

"I think the call time is 12pm, so that'll last like 2ish hours. I'll be back for lunch though." I explained to her. I could tell she was imagining her schedule in her head because I know she has a conference call at 2:45pm tomorrow.

"That should be fine. Just be quiet when you enter the hotel room please." That gave me some ideas,

"No promises." I said with a smirk. She tensed up a little at my words, but soon saw our food and chose to ignore what I said for now. The food was devine which I was thankful for because of how fucking expensive it was. Y/n was happy with her meal and we both decided to just get dessert from room service at the hotel.

I started to take my card out of my purse so that when the waiter comes back with our check, I can give it to him. But I noticed that y/n grabbed her card too and placed it down on the table. I glared over at her and she just smiled innocently at me. I slammed my card on the table and we had a staring contest. I won but I knew y/n wouldn't give up that easily because of the price.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I announced. Y/n just nodded her head and I took my purse with me. I sneaked over to where our waiter was and stopped him before he could go to our table with the check. I dug around my purse for my other card and handed it to him,

"Here, use this. My fiancée wants to pay but I'm not letting her. Bring the check when I get back from the bathroom please."

"I can do that miss." I smiled thankfully at him and went to the bathroom, aka standing there for like 3 minutes before heading back out to y/n. I saw y/n just looking out the window wall and I took a moment to admire my girl. She's quite beautiful.

"So'" I spoke as I sat back down at the table, "no check yet?" She just shook her head,

"Nope." I hummed and the waiter came over and handed me the bill along with my card.

"Have a great rest of your night." He said politely before leaving us alone. I smiled at him and then looked across the table to my bewildered fiancée. She was completely confused and just held her card out helplessly. I giggled and lowered her hand down for her and she just looked over at me,

"How?"

"The bathroom . I stopped him before he could give you the check and gave him another card of mine." I told her as she just stared at me. A sigh escaped her mouth and just shook her head,

"I can't believe you." She said as she stood up to put on her light jacket. I just smiled widely at her and also grabbed my things before linking around with her and walking to the elevator.

"You still love me." I said to her once we were alone in the elevator.

"Strangely I do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~