46 ¦ Jacob Pierce

Here it is, the end of semester campus party or perhaps this can also be called a Christmas party since Christmas is like 2 days away. The fact that I'm feeling nervous about this can really show how much I'm waiting for this to happen. Even though I already witness this party in my past years in this campus, but this time is way different. In the past, I was dating the most obnoxious girl ever, but this time, I'm dating the person who I truly love.

Part of me is hoping that this will the most memorable day for the both of us. The other part is hoping that this party will never end because I want to spend my time with Margaret forever. Sighing softly, staring down at myself on the bathroom mirror. Margaret is now waiting inside the revenue. It just goes to show how much income that our campus has because they literally reserve a hotel to hold this party, like every other parties in the past.

Splashing water on my nervous face, trying to drown all the worries that forms on my face. What if she changed her mind to spend her time with me? No, there's no way she'll change her mind now. She fucking kissed me back in the art exhibit, so there's no fucking way she's backing out now.

Staring at myself in the mirror once more as I dry my whole face up. Looking down at my suit, I cringe for a moment. Noah asked me to wear a suit that looks like plain silver, I don't know what's his plan or why he suggests me to wear silver, but whatever it is, I hate wearing suit and ties. Sighing underneath my breath, why does it have to be a theme party? Can we just have a regular party where people wear what they want to wear, instead of this very formal and expensive stuff on us? I may look ridiculous on this, but I bet Margaret will look stunningly beautiful. Since the then is The Great Gatsby, she'll totally look the most elegant girl I'll ever lay my eyes on. I just need to stop being a scaredy-cat and head back in there.

A knock of the bathroom door made me flinch for a bit. God, why am I this timid now? Trying to compose myself, I yell out, "Who is it?"

"It's Glai,"

"What's up?" I try to dry my hands as quickly as possible before opening the door to face him. Staring down at his suit, slowly frowning at myself. I should at least try my best to look good because my friend before me looks spectacular. He has the same suit as me, except mine doesn't have suspenders as he does.

"Your delivery have arrived." He points the random guy behind him.

Finally, it's here! I've been waiting for this delivery since yesterday after Margaret agrees to be my date for the party. The delivery company said that the flowers will arrive tomorrow night, which is the same night of the party. I'm just grateful that it finally arrives before I head in there and meet Margaret.

Meandering my way to the delivery guy. He smiles, the kind of smile that I expect from a lively delivery man. "Kindly sign here to receive your flowers." He hands me a pen and a slip clipped on the clipboard.

I happily sign my name on the paper, as he hands me the bouquet of roses. "Thank you," I nod at the delivery guy before he heads out of the door.

Glai walks right in front of me, a smug grin forming slowly on his face. "A bouquet of roses for the lady. Well, aren't you just so romantic, Jacob."

I chuckle softly as I hold the bouquet right against my chest where my heart lies. "I just want her to feel special, and I'll do anything for that to happen."

"Well, if that's what you truly desire." He gestures his hand towards the grand wooden door, "It's showtime, Jacob. Your Persephone is waiting for you, Hades." He pats my back for encouragement before he walks to the door, waiting for me to take my steps.

Grinning at him as I say, "Thank you, Cerberus."

"Asshole." He mutters under his breath, but unfortunately for him, I heard that.