45 ¦ Margaret Fellice

It's the long-awaited art exhibit in the campus. Upon my first glance around the gymnasium, there's many talented people who come up with such beautiful self-portrait with themselves, and some beautiful eyes that sees that beauty of work world with just one click of a camera. Unfortunately, I couldn't see my trusty partner anywhere, perhaps he'll be late. For the meantime, might as well wander and gawk around these wonderful works of art all around the gymnasium.

Before I could even take a first step into the gymnasium, Mr. Winchester stops me from my track with such a proud grin on his rugged face. "I'm glad you made it, Ms. Fellice."

I glance at him as if he had grown a second head, "Of course I made it, sir." Chuckling at his ridiculous statement of the possibility of me not showing up. "I wanna see these beautiful works of art, and ours too."

"Well, your work is just at the end of this gymnasium." He gives me yet another proud smile, "We saved the best for the last."

I give out a nervous chuckle, "Our work has nothing special to it. There's a lot more examples that are better."

"Ms. Fellice," He puffs out a deep breath. "You and Mr. Pierce portray such affection to one another. Don't say that there's nothing special between it, when clearly there is something."

"Thank you, sir." I honestly don't know what else to say to that. It just caught me off-guard to the point that my heart begins to warm up all of a sudden.

"Don't worry, after this art exhibit, you'll get to bring home your memories with one another." Mr. Winchester smiles one last time before venturing off to the next visitor.

The fact that we get to bring home the memories we made along the way, it gives me hope. Hope for something bright in the future. Hope for me finally feeling the real happiness I've been craving for, and hope for feeling loved by someone special for the first time in my life.

Wandering slowly, admiring other art around the gymnasium. There's one picture where someone is holding a precious honey bee in their hand, that made me chuckle of how adorable that bee was. There's also a lot of self-portrait with such different style to one another. I can tell by the different brush stroke they made on each section of their portrait. Each style is beautiful, there's no such thing as a horrible style, unless the painter is a pessimist and hate their work.

Finally, I've reached the end of the exhibit, and I can already see our pictures-our memories. Having a sweet, sweet smile on my face, I glance at each picture on the wall.

In the first picture, where I'm doing my self-portrait in the Arts room, the rays of sun rest perfectly along the canvas and other parts of my face. Glancing at the bottom of the picture, there's a title into it, "My Sunshine."

I have a feeling Jacob is the one who named this one. Oh my God, perhaps he also named the other ones. I was absent to the day of passing all the pictures to Mr. Winchester, so he may have named all of them without me. Venturing off to the next photo, wondering what are the names of the other ones.

The second picture, where Jacob is sitting on a chair reading Paper Towns in the library. The side frames of the photo show the edge of the Book shelf with some familiar book covers on the side. Glancing down the metallic slab underneath the picture, it reads "Lost Inside The Book."

Quite a clever name, I'm impressed, Jacob Pierce. Now onto the next one.

The third picture, where Jacob is sitting under the ancient oak tree in the middle of the campus. The afternoon sunlight shines through the dying leaves as the tree prepares itself for the winter. This one's name is, "Lost Inside The Book, Part 2."