18 ¦ Jacob Pierce

It's been a rough week for me, especially where I have a lot to study about, but who cares about studying if you can just play games all day throughout the weekends? Playing games will only be stressful when one of your teammates is being a fucking moron. Like what's happening now, I'm dead and CJ is the only one alive in our team.

"To your left!" I huff out every breath I have to my microphone just to scream at CJ. "That's right you fucking moron! To your left!"

And it is too late CJ is dead. We didn't clutch it that time. God, I really hate being teammates with CJ. "Do you even know what's right and left? This is why I don't want to be teammates with you CJ." I just try to force my anger inside me and just sound disappointed about what happened. Glai is just laughing hysterical as I try to calm myself up, but he's laughter just makes me want to throw my keyboard at the window.

"Wow, c'mon Jake. It's okay, we'll get 'em next round." Ian's sympathetic tone filled my headphones.

I sneer, even though he can't see it. "I need more Red Bull to play." Crouching down from my chair, I reach out a Red Bull can that is ready to drink. This is what I call a refreshing drink. I fucking recommend Red Bull to whoever needs a refreshing drink, especially after a round of Counter Strike.

"Hey fellas, have you started a match?" Amon voice chimes in, I didn't even notice him entering the voice chat. We have our own group chat in Discord. It is where we mostly call whenever we're playing together. We also chat there, but our chat is mostly nonsense humor that's still fucking funny. One time in high school, we were playing GTA V, CJ was getting shouted at by his mother for playing and not studying. He didn't mute his microphone so all of us heard whatever his mother was shouting at him. We still joke about that incident, it's a great memory to cherish and laugh at.

"We've already finished 3 rounds, but we're just getting ready for the next round." I can hear Glai cracking up a can of Red Bull. That's what I'm talking about! "You can join in if you want."

"Heh, thanks, man."

I crush the Red Bull can I was drinking, and try to crack another one. As I crack the can, I'm pretty they heard me opening another can because Amon speaks up, "Shouldn't you be drinking less Red Bull?"

I open my mouth to protest, but Ian speaks first before me. "You wouldn't believe on how many he drank this day."

"How many exactly?" If I can see Amon, I'm pretty sure he's raising an eyebrow and giving me a judging gaze.

"He's with his 9th can now." Ian chuckles up like that's a funny achievement I have ever done.

"10th." I correct, throwing my last can of Red Bull in the trash at the corner. Damn, it didn't go in the trash can. This is why I don't play basketball, I can't shoot the can straight to the trashcan. Speaking of trash... "Where's Yuri?"

"Oh, he's with his new girlfriend." Of course, he is, where else should the charmer be. I still don't get why people prioritize relationship rather than games. We're still young, why can't they just enjoy the moment before being trapped into a relationship forever? "I've left because I don't want to be the third wheel in a relationship."

I understand Amon completely. I mean, who would want to be the third wheel in a relationship anyway? Nobody. Not even a single soul in the world wants to be the third wheel.

"You know you should stop, Jake. You've been drinking almost a case of Red Bull." Amon's voice chimes in. "You should take a rest, Jake."

"Yeah, sure whatever, Mom!" I tease, he's always too caring for a guy. "Oh, by the way, I have something I want to send you Amon."