9 ¦ Margaret Fellice

Ah yes, back to the comfort of my dorm room. Where there's no one to bump into or get verbally attack by a random stranger. I may or may not have bumped into about 5 more people as I walk back to my dorm room, but that is not important here. The important thing is, I'm safe within my dorm room. Well, our dorm room, Noah is still here.

He's being lazy as ever, just lying on the couch, eating Cheetos, still watching a documentary about penguins. Seriously, what's with him and his love for penguins? I get it, penguins are adorable, but that doesn't mean you need to watch a penguin documentary every day.

"So, how long have you been watching about penguins?" Walking up towards him, trying to see the TV more clearly.

"Since the batteries of the remote went dry." He slowly sits up on the couch, stretching up his upper body like he just woke up to a slumber.

My mouth drops open on what he just told me. "So, you're telling me, the batteries of the remote control were dead, and you're just lying there, eating Cheetos, doesn't even have the energy to replace the batteries?" I cross up arms, visibly frustrated by his laziness.

"Well, there's no spare batteries around." He pouts out his lips like an innocent child.

"Why didn't you buy some then?"

He curls up like a ball on the couch. "Because I'm scared."

I sit up next to him, giving him a quizzical gaze. "Scared of what exactly?"

"Scared of the cashier in the convenient store near our campus."

"What? What happened?" I can't help but to sound sympathetic. Oh God, did he get harassed or something?

He let out a sigh, preparing himself to relive what happened. "Well, I was trying to buy Cheetos. So, I grab some and went to the counter. As the cashier scan my items and I hand them my cash, they said 'Enjoy your Cheetos' and..." He was shaking slightly. I pat his back to tell him it's okay, I'm here. "And then, I replied. I said 'You too' and when I realized what I just said, I immediately ran out of the door."

I immediately forgot to breath at that moment until I finally comprehend what he just told me. Slapping a hand on his back hard, but not too hard. "You jerk, I thought the cashier harassed you or something, but it's just you being socially awkward."

"That was scary as being harassed okay?" He gives me that pouting sad face. It's true though, being socially awkward in public is scary, especially when you have social anxiety. Both Noah and I have social anxiety, so who am I to judge his socially awkward reply to the cashier. "And also, it's such a waste that the cashier I was socially awkward was an attractive being."

I let out a soft chuckle. "Let me guess, the cashier is a man?" He just nods silently. "Of course, it was a man." Noah may be a bisexual, but he's more attracted to men than women. It's like a percentage scale, he's attracted to men 70% while the 30% is to women, and that's still bisexual. "Is he really that cute that you became socially awkward to him?"

"Yes, but enough questions about me! Let's talk about you." He turns his head in my direction. "So, how's your trip in the forest of people?"

"Okay, to be frank with you, I may stumble across about 5 people on the quest of looking for the course catalog." I'm still anxious about it though.

"How did you find the course catalog?" He gives me a sly grin.

I know what's his thinking. He thought I'm too nervous to ask for a stranger to help me. Which is true but not this time. Although, it was an accident, still, I got help. "There's this guy who I bump into, he asks me why do I look lost, so I ask him back to point me the direction on where's the course catalog is."