8 ¦ Jacob Pierce

I didn't expect to bump into her, of all people, her, in the hallway, getting to bump into. From what it seems, she's not just a regular nerd, she's also a klutz, she's like the embodiment of every girl in those romance movies. Those quirky and relatable girls, imagine that then put some reality in it, then bam! That's what her presence radiates, and it somehow annoys me. I don't know why, maybe because she reminds me of those cheesy movies and makes me just want to barf. That's my first instinct whenever I try to watch those kinds of movies. I remember my movies date with Nicole, that was horrible and torturous. Nicole's is just crying because of the sad scene, and I'm just there sitting quietly, trying not to barf nonstop.

I'm just hoping that whoever that girl was, she will not be in one of my classes. Knowing that she is a straight on nerd, she might be one of my classes. And if that happens, damn, I will be annoyed by her cliché of a presence. Just seeing her in the hallway, makes me want to mess with her hair and remove her glasses then run away. It's pure bully instinct, but that's what I want to do.

Okay, I may be a little too harsh for her, maybe? What if she's not what she seems? But whatever it is, I don't know, and I don't care, not in a million years. Nothing in the universe will make me care about her well-being. She's a total nobody to me, so why should I care?

"Jacob, hey Jacob!" a familiar voice screams at my direction. If he is the one that I'm thinking about then this is going to be fun, real fun.

I turn around just to see Amon's familiar face, running quickly towards my direction. Wait, did he get taller? He's taller than I remember. He's always the same height as me before, but now as he gets closer, he slowly gets taller.

"Sup. 'Mon." I hide my jealousy against him getting taller than me. It's alright, it's not like I don't wanna be short anymore though, at least CJ is still the smallest in the group. Yeah, let's be optimistic here, Jacob. If my intuitions are correct, I already know what Amon wants from me, and I'm sure as hell that I'm gonna enjoy this. "What do you want, nerd?"

His smile is cheery as always. He's always been the cheeriest among all of us in the group. "I was just hoping that we play about 5 rounds in CS:GO, I really need my ranks to go up, but I can't do that alone. I need your help."

Ha, my intuitions were right then. Amon's timing is awesome. Counter Strike: Global Offensive or CS:GO has always been my go-to, temper game. That's the only game that makes me calm my nerves when playing it. Okay, that sounds wrong despite that CS:GO is a shooting game. Is this true that I find calmness by shooting people to death? Am I secretly a psychopath? Last time I check, Nicole said that I'm a sociopath. Sociopath, I understand but, calling me a psychopath is just too harsh for my liking. Enough of that though, I need my temper to go away.

"First things first, what's your current rank?" I cross my arms, raising an eyebrow at him, waiting for his response.

"Master Guardian I."

Okay, so just a rank below me. I'm a Master Guardian II. Still, we need more people in our line-up if we want to rank up. Perhaps I could get Glai and Ian to join. Screw Yuri, he isn't invited here. Heck, he's the pure reason why I'm in a bad mood.

"So, are you in?" Amon's voice breaks me free of a thought of Yuri. He's face looks like he's slowly losing patience, he somehow seems to be like in a hurry. The question is, why? None of my business really.

"Make that 10 rounds in total." I pull up my hands, raising him my 10 fingers to show that I'm serious by my plan.

"Wow, having a bad day?" he chuckles softly at me.

"You can say that." I grin at his face. "And I need something to calm my nerves, it's been a rough day." scratching up the back of my head as I confess.