33 ¦ Margaret Fellice

It has been about an hour in a half, and Nancy hasn't showed up yet. I've been standing on the entrance of the diner, glancing around, hoping that she's within sight. Some people have gone by and gave me a sympathetic smile, probably thinking that I've been ditched by my date. There's some that just rudely gazed at me.

But overall, I don't really care about those gazes and smiles. Closing up my eyes, the nightly breeze makes my whole-body shiver even within the thin fabric of the jacket that Noah gave to me. The black, with white splatter all over it. I glance around hoping to see a Nancy-figure within the dark road ahead, but there's I couldn't see a thing. I only see people's silhouette come and go from the diner.

Since it seems like she's taking her time, I decided to stargaze until she shows up. Glancing up towards the bright night sky, thanks for the less light pollution, the stars are so visible within the naked-eye.

I let out a soft gasp, the popular W-shaped constellation, Queen Cassiopeia, proudly sitting on her throne. Confident as ever about her unrivaled beauty. It's autumn season, so the Orion constellation won't be quite visible. Scanning up the night sky, hoping to find the largest constellation ever, the Hydra. After scanning for quite a while, I couldn't find it, maybe it ain't visible yet. Why is every constellation I adore ain't visible to my favorite season? Well at least I saw the Cassiopeia, I'm quite happy about that. I don't even bother to check if the Scorpius constellation is visible, it's the end of September anyway.

Letting out a shaky breath from this cold autumn night, glancing around my vicinity once again, hoping to see Nancy this time. Surprise, surprise, there's still no sign of her. I snatch my phone from my pocket and try to type in a text with my cold hands.

Me: Where are you?

Holding up my phone, waiting in anticipation to her respond. I wouldn't be surprised if she's in an accident, since she drives like a madman anyway.

Nancy: On my way...

She's on her way. The question is, how long is this "on my way"? There's a possibility that, that "on my way" can refer that she just went out of her door. I let out a sigh, a cold fog that came out of my mouth makes me chuckle a little. I really love cold season, a perfect time to just read a book, sip some coffee, or perhaps binge-watch anything on Netflix. It really is a perfect season. Nothing will ever beat Autumn season. Autumn will be always on top of my preferred season, under it is Winter.

Smiling at myself, looking like an idiot out here. The cold swift wind flutters the thin fabric of my jacket, trying to take a stand of my hair too. I try to glance towards where did this cold wind came from, and to my surprised, I see Nancy jogging towards my direction. Did the nightly breeze just help me find her? Whatever, at least she's here now, and I'm glad that she doesn't look like someone who went in an accident.

"Why are you taking so long?" I try to fix up my jacket because of the wind, "I thought you were in an accident."

"Well, yeah. I can see myself getting in an accident." She crosses her arms up, glancing between me and the diner, "Why didn't you told me that there were two entrances to this diner?" She finally focuses her whole attention on me, raising an eyebrow.

"Wait, there are two entrances?" I glance towards the diner. What kind of diner that has two entrances? And what's the whole purpose of it?

She sighs, a faint white fog came out from her mouth. "Well, yeah. The other one is on the other side of this diner." She reaches out for my hand, and I reach in. She begins to pull me towards the diner. "So, what are you doing to tell me?"

"But before I spill, let's order something to eat." I break free from her grip, and I'm the one who's pulling her around. We finally reached the one out of two entrances in this diner. Seriously, what kind of diner has two entrances? I let go of her, and pull the glass door in front of us. Weird, the door won't budge after I'm done pulling it, it still won't open. I can hear Nancy snickers softly beside me. Glancing towards her, raising an eyebrow. "What?"