23 ¦ Margaret Fellice

Okay, not the weirdest thing that had ever happened to me in my whole life, but this situation is out there in the top 10 weirdest situations ever. The fact that he wants to talk about mythology worries me. A week ago, he was like hating my own existence, and now he wants to talk about mythology?

A sentence from him that I couldn't believe it's true. Wow, this guy is full of surprises. I couldn't figure out the real reason he has sent me here. Does he really want to talk about mythology? Is this real? Am I dreaming? What the fuck is going on? I just want to go back to my dorm and sleep this out, but I choose to be here, talking about mythology to a guy that I didn't know he has interest with. What is even going on right now? I'm in like some sort of forced plot line to a story. What the heck?

"Ah, actually the only way to save the Ethiopia is that King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia agreed that they should sacrifice princess Andromeda to the Kraken to please Poseidon." He starts blabbering about it.

No, seriously, what the fuck is going on here? Is he planning something out? Whatever he is planning, it's weirding the soul out of me. If Nancy is here, she would totally annoy me on having a book date with this jerk. And if Noah is here, he would totally help Jacob annoy the soul out of me.

This can't be considered as a book date, right? It's just some sort of book discussion right, not a book date? I'm just gonna tell myself this is just a book discussion between, acquaintances.

"Yeah, but Perseus came to the rescue on a Pegasus by slaying the Kraken using the magical sword he used to decapitate the gorgon." I decided to join this weird situation, because clearly, I don't have any plans on leaving. Not gonna lie, I love mythology. But it's still weird discussing it to the person who despise my existence like a week ago. He probably has the fastest character development I ever witnessed in my whole life.

"Yeah, it really shows dedicated he is to save the love of his life." If I'm being honest, he's good at storytelling. I never thought a kind of guy like him would be this dedicated to telling a story. "But sadly, King Cepheus told Perseus that Andromeda is already been promised to Phineus. The day of Perseus and Andromeda's wedding, Phineus and his small army interrupts the wedding. But that doesn't stop Perseus, so he grabbed the gorgon's head and used to turn Phineus and his small army into hard stone."

I chuckle softly. "I couldn't believe that those eyes were still working despite it being decapitated from its body."

"Yeah, but can we talk about how terrible Queen Cassiopeia was? I mean, she's been depicted as the villain in this story because she was the one who offended Poseidon in the first place."

"Yeah, poor Cassiopeia." I let out a sigh. "To be honest, Cassiopeia is one of my beloved constellations."

"Oh, the infamous letter W in the night sky." To my shock he knows what I'm talking about. Who is this guy anyway? First, he likes 2000s emo music, second, he's reading a mythology book, and third he knows about constellations. "Did you know that the Letter W represents Cassiopeia, herself sitting on her throne?"

I laugh at the fact that he doesn't know that I already know that. "Thanks for that caption obvious, as if I don't even know what's my favorite constellations represents." It feels weird that I'm having a good time with this guy. Maybe being friends with him won't hurt as much. "Yeah, Perseus and Andromeda's love story are great and all, but have you read the love story between Eros and Psyche?"

He looks deep in thought for a moment. "Isn't Psyche have been cursed that no one will ever fall in love with her?"

"Yeah, that's the one." I reminisce for a bit to that lovely story. "I just couldn't believe Aphrodite would curse her."