40 ¦ Jacob Pierce

A month had gone by, and ever since that night with Margaret, I cannot believe that I am fine of having the same routine over and over again without feeling bored or anything. A combination of teasing and loving feels so perfect, especially towards someone who has your life and soul. It feels like a dream come true. A dream where both parties in a relationship is fine with the teasing. I just can't wait to see her again.

Walking around the campus ground, just to find where Margaret could be. Since I can't find her yet, might as well listen to some music while looking for her. Snatching my phone, plugging in my earphones. I let out a sigh, since Spotify knows what's the listener's feelings, perhaps I could press shuffle to see what perfect song that'll explain my life.

Oh, great. Thanks for the FM Static, Spotify. This might be the first time I'll appreciate the shuffle feature of this app. This is so perfect! So perfect that I could just sing the lyrics as I walk around the campus ground, looking for the girl who has my heart.

Each second of me trying to find Margaret is a second that pains my chest. Perhaps she overslept, and she's late, or maybe she's looking for me as I look for her. I chuckle under my breath, that would be hilarious, knowing that she's also frantically looking for me the same way I look for her.

A random question just entered my brain, does Margaret have a brother? Wait a minute, all this time I've been hanging out with Margaret, she hadn't-even once-mentioned her family. Not to jump into conclusion, but perhaps there's something wrong? God, what am I thinking? There's no way there's something wrong with Margaret's family since she's like a cheerful person I have ever known. Unless, she's hiding something...

Enough talking to myself, let me just enjoy the song and what awaits me in this future. Besides, if Margaret had a problem, she can't always tell me and I would gladly help her out. If she needs me, that I shall grant her wish. Not even once in my life I would think such cheesy things, but here we are, can't expect the unexpected.

A tap on my shoulder caught my attention. Turning my head over my shoulder to see whoever taps me, and removing one ear plug from my ear. Part of me was hoping it was Margaret, but I felt disappointed because I saw Jasmine with a gleeful smile instead. "Hey, what's up?" I fully faced my whole body to her.

"Hey, Jacob!" She still has that gleeful smile. Well, at least some of us are happy to see one another. "So, I want to talk about my birthday party."

Oh, crap. I completely forgot about her birthday party. "Oh yeah, it's on December 27, right?" I scratch the back of my head, hoping that I'm right about the date.

"Correct, but I moved the party." She puts her both hands behind her back like a child begging for some spare change to a parent. She may look cute, but unfortunately, my heart already belongs to someone. Still, it wouldn't hurt to help out a friend, right?

"Why did you move the party?" I raise an eyebrow at her, waiting for her answer.

"Well, I've found out that there will be a meteor shower on December 21 at midnight." She looks excited than she should be. I mean, it's just a meteor shower. Granted, it rarely happens, but it's just meteors flying near the Earth's atmosphere. "So, why not have a party at night where there's a beautiful event in the night sky, right?"

"That sounds like a lovely party." I force an appreciative smile at her.

"It is, and I hope you'll be there with a camera?" She tilts her head to the side to fully read my facial expression.

Fuck, the camera. Margaret would understand that I'm doing this for a friend, right? I think she'll understand, she's the most understanding person I ever know. "Yeah, I'll be there."