6 ¦ Jacob Pierce

"What's up motherfuckers!" bursting into a common room in such devotion. And because of that, they're all now focus on me, except for Ian who's just too busy watching anime. He's really devoted to being a weaboo. Wait a minute, is he watching Assassination Classroom? I squinted my eyes closely at the TV and saw Karma holding a gun. No doubt that is Assassination Classroom. And yes, Ian is the type of weeb who watches anime, subtitled, most of us do actually, but I mostly just read manga than watch anime.

"What are you gonna flex now, Jake?" Glai lets out a loud groan. My gang always call me Jake, just to save their voices to the last syllable of my actual name. Just say Jacob goddammit. It's only has two syllables it's not that hard. I've always hated that nickname. It sounded like a different person. Once they knew I'm getting annoyed by that nickname, they keep on calling me that on a sole purpose to irritate me. They've been calling me in that nickname for years, so I just grew up with it.

"Guys! Guess what!" My voice cracked slightly, and I just hope they didn't notice that. One voice crack with these boys around, and they'll burst into laughter, like that's the funniest shit they ever heard in their entire life.

Glancing around the room to find a certain someone, someone that may deserve some praising or some beating, depending on my intention when I see him. But alas, he's not here. Where the hell is he?

"Wait, Where's CJ?" I ask, still glancing around the room. I swear if he decided to hide from me, I will decide to beat him up rather than praising him.

"Oh, he's with his auntie." Yuri chimes in, his mouth filled with, what is supposed to be, raw rice. I silently gagged at the thought of someone eating raw rice. Damn, I just realized my friends are weird as fuck. "Why did you ask?"

"Oh nothing, I just want to see his puny face. I may have the intentions of beating him up or not, who knows?" Snickering silently at the thought of beating him up like I used to.

"Enough about CJ. What were you gonna tell us anyway, Jake?" Ian pauses what he was watching and turns his attention towards me.

"First, you guys choose. Good news or Great news?" trying to hide my excitement and decides to burst every news that I want to spill at them.

Glai settles down comfortably on the sofa, grinning at me. "Let's hear the good news first. Let's work our enthusiasm at the great news."

"Okay, earlier today, before I head to campus, my rank in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2!" Grinning like a madman towards them, I don't care how stupid I look, I'm genuinely happy right now.

"Oh, that's awesome." Ian smiles back at me, the appreciation shines in his eyes. "What's your new rank anyway?"

I snatch up my phone in my pocket, finding the picture I took as proof that I did get a new rank, because with no valid proof, these guys will mock me about lying. "I've become a Lieutenant Colonel I." Showing them the picture I took earlier before heading out. Thank God I took a picture before heading out.

"Good for you, dude." Yuri grins, his mocking tone gave me an idea that he already rank-up before I do.

"You better shut your mouth, I'm going to reach you someday, just you wait." Pointing a finger at him in frustration. "I'll show you that I can reach you. Heck, I'm gonna show you that I'm better than you, I'm gonna pass your rank someday!"

Yuri chuckles in amusement at my frustration. "Keep on wishing, Jacob, maybe someday you'll gonna to reach me, but I'm not certain about you passing my rank though."

I wave my middle finger at his smug face. Not just one middle finger, both of them actually. He laughs at me in return, I'm so gonna pass his rank. Heh, I'll show him. I'm going to kick him from his podium, we'll see.