Flicking through the case files on his own, Spencer was surprised to hear his phone begin to ring. Confused, he looked down at the caller ID considering most people who would call him were in the rooms around him. Y/N's name filled up the small screen. Smiling to himself, Spencer answered it.

"Y/N!" He said, almost too cheery.

"Spencer!" Y/N responded with as much enthusiasm.

"I thought you would be with your family?" Spencer questioned.

"I am but they're all asleep and you know me, I don't sleep until at least three in the morning." Y/N responded.

"It's great to hear your voice." Spencer said and as soon as the words left his mouth, he cringed at how cheesy they sounded.

"It's great to hear your voice as well Spencer," Y/N replied and Spencer could literally hear the smile in her voice, "Your voice is one of my favorite sounds."

Spencer blushed at Y/N's comment, "Really? I thought it was annoying."

"No it isn't, I love your voice," Y/N said, "I love when you ramble about topics that interest you. I love when you spout out facts about the most random thing. I just love hearing your voice."

Even though she couldn't see it, Spencer smiled, "No one's ever said that to me before."

"People should say it to you more often, you deserve to hear it," Y/N said, "So how's the case going?"

"How did you know we were on a case?" Spencer questioned.

"Hotch called me earlier to ask my opinion about something." Y/N responded.

"The case is going fine, it shouldn't last longer than a few days." Spencer replied.

"That's good, then you can actually go home and relax." Y/N said.

"Yeah, I suppose I can..." Spencer trailed off.

Neither of them spoke, all that was heard were their shallow breaths. Spencer knew that he should be going to sleep but he wanted to speak to Y/N for a little longer. Even if it had only been a few days since she had left, he couldn't help but miss her terribly. He missed her voice. He missed her touch. He missed everything about her.

"I miss you." Spencer said after a long pause.

"I miss you too, Spence, you don't even know how much." Y/N muttered.

"Eleven days." Spencer said.

"I wish I only took a week off." Y/N said.

"No you don't, you were so excited to be spending two weeks with your family." Spencer said.

"I know," Y/N said, pausing for a brief moment, "But I didn't realise how hard it is to be away from you."

Spencer didn't know how to respond. Of course he missed Y/N more than he could imagine but he had no idea how much she missed him. Luckily for Spencer, he didn't have to respond.

"Anyway, I think that I'm going to let you get to sleep now since you have to be well rested to catch the unsub," Y/N said, "I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you."

Spencer didn't get a chance to respond before she hung up the phone. Her final words ringing in his ears. I love you. The genius didn't know if she meant it in a platonic way or a romantic way. As he brought the phone away from his ear, he shook his head. There was no way that Y/N loved him in a romantic way, their friendship was strictly platonic.

Letting his head drop down to the pillow, Spencer fell asleep, dreaming of Y/N.

***

The case had been solved within four days so the BAU were back on the jet ready to head home. Spencer was sitting at one end of the jet completely lost in his own world. These last four days had gone quickly due to them working a case but once they landed back in Quantico, he knew that the days would drag on.