LX.

WILL

I had just pulled up to Jenny's, ready to start my shift. It was about 4:45 and my shift started at 5. I had a pretty peaceful day at school, nothing out of the ordinary. I saw Leah before I left, but not for long since I had to get ready for work and she had practice.

I got out of the car and walked towards the door as I scrolled through my phone. I looked up to see Danny standing at the door.

"Wassup, bro what you doing here?"

"Uh, nothing. You work today?" He looked around.

"Yeah, I told y'all at lunch I had work today. Why wassup? You good?" I asked, concerned.

"I just came to...uhh see you." He said, nervously.

"You came to see me?"

"Yeah."

"Ight, you're here now, so go ahead."

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang after work." He still looked around.

"You came all the way over here to see if I wanted to hang out after work? You couldn't have text me that?"

"I could've, but I thought I'd just come and ask you instead." He looked around even more.

"Bro, what the fuck are you looking at? Are you waiting for someone? Cause you keep looking around." I stated with a slight attitude.

"No, I was just looking around. Well, do you want to hang out or not?"

"I can't. I don't get off til about 10. I ain't gone be up for that. t

"What about tomorrow?"

"I have work tomorrow too."

"Damn, okay. Maybe, next time." He started to walk off.

"Hold up, that's it? Nothing else?" I asked, confused.

"That was it, bro. I'll text you though." He walked towards the parking lot.

That was weird. Danny never just pops up to ask a question. I feel like he was waiting for someone since he kept looking around, but whatever I guess. Lemme get in here before my shift starts.

DANNY

Did he go in Jenny's yet? Yes! Finally, damn. I forgot he said he was working tonight. I wasn't listening at lunch cause I was too busy texting. I was supposed to meet a friend here, but I didn't want Will to know.

I know he's my best friend and all, but if he knew I was hanging with this person he might get mad at me and I didn't want that. However, me and this person just seemed to be clicking lately. We've been spending a lot of time together and they just understand me.

I was standing by a random car in the parking lot, when a car pulled in and parked right next to me. They turned off the car and got out.

"About time, I was texting you."

"I didn't see your texts. I was driving." Kani replied.

"Well, we can't hang at here cause Will's working." I looked at the door.

I didn't want him to come back out and see us together.

"Wait, he's here right now?"

"Yes, so let's go somewhere else."

"Why? You still didn't tell him that we hang out?" She asked, aggravated.

"No, I don't know how to break it to him or how he'll react. I don't want anymore drama and telling him that we hang, might cause drama." I expressed.