XV.

DANNY

When I missed that shot and heard the whole school booing me, I thought my life was over until Will comes in to save the day.

It makes me feel like he set me up, like he wanted to make himself look good. He knows I can't shoot, so he took advantage of me to show off in front of his lil girlfriend.

With everyone rushing on the court, I ran to the locker room, grabbed my things, and went home. Leaving out the building, I heard someone say that they were going to Jenny's to celebrate Will.

It pissed me off. Nobody cared about me. Shit, people barely knew who I was. When they saw me, they saw me as Will's lil sidekick, which I'm not!

I'm Daniel Ridge Miller and I'm my own person. I'm not ugly. I got clear ass skin, beautiful green eyes, and perfect brown hair. I'm not short, I'm 5'11. I even work out. I'm tired of people not seeing me for me. They always see Will though. The only people that see me for who I am is my parents.

They always saw me since that first time they saw me at the adoption center, they knew I'd be great. I'm kinda sad that they couldn't make it to the game since they were both working, being doctors and all. I knew they were gonna make me feel better with all their compliments and love when they made it home.

Actually, I'm gonna go to Jenny's. I gone show everyone that I'm not Will's fucking sidekick and inform them know that he set me up to look bad. This is the day that I become my own person.

~Later That Night~

TASHA

I came back from the store with snacks and drinks for Leah and I to share. She was in the shower when I left, so she should be out by now. I bought lots of stuff: mixed bag of chips, Honey Buns, Oatmeal Creme Pries, Fruit Snacks, Oreos, M&M's, Snickers, and much more.

I wanted this night with my best friend to be fun. We were gone eat til our hearts were content and watch movies all night. Not only that, but I was going to try and see what was going on with her.

Leah's the type to keep everything bottled up. Trying to get her to open up is challenging. She's stubborn as fuck, so this gone be tough.

I grabbed our snacks and walked into my room to see her trying to take a selfie of the tattoo on her arm. I shook my head.

"I don't even know why you're doing that. The shit is fake." I stated.

"Bitch, kiss my ass." 

"I want to, but you won't let me."

She shook her head. "I ain't even gone make a comment."

"I can't get the right angle. Tasha, come take my picture."

"I just stood there and looked at her.

"Please, bestie?" She asked with puppy dog eyes.

I sucked my teeth and took her phone from her. She sat on her knees and did a pose. "Sexy ass." I mumbled and took the picture.

She grabbed her phone and looked at the picture. "Perfect." She said with a smile. She then posted it to the gram.

As the night went on, we did as planned

As the night went on, we did as planned. We ate lots of junk food and watched a few movies. It was now time for the moment of truth. I was going to get some info out of her.

"Angel." I called out to her as she stuffed her face with a Honey bun.

"What devil?" She answered.

"I noticed you've been acting weird lately."

"Acting weird how?" She asked as she ate the rest of her snack.

"You always have an attitude, you're so moody, and you even missed school."

"I'm good, Tasha and I've been busy." She said with a shrug.

"Cut the bullshit, Leah. I'm supposed to be your best friend. You're supposed to tell me the things going on with you."

"I don't have to tell you anything, honestly." She replied, smartly.

"True, but I'd still like to know what's going on with you. I want to be there for you in your time of need. You know I'll always have your back."

She sat quietly for a few minutes before she spoke. "I'm fine, Tasha you have nothing to worry about."

"I don't believe you."

She sighed, getting annoyed. "Can you just drop it?"

"No, I want to know what's up with you."

She sat that there and stared at the TV as she contemplated.

"Leah-"

"Damn it, Tasha can you just shut the fuck up?!"

If it was one thing about Leah, it was that she got mad quickly. She was like a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode. If you girly pushing her buttons, she was blind to snap and she just burst. But, I was used to her episodes, so it didn't bother me none. I just sat there and watched her.

"Get off my fucking back!" She yelled.

I shook my head and turned toward the TV, deciding to leave her alone. For a moment everything was quiet, with the exception of the TV playing.

That was until I heard sniffling that occurred. I looked over to see her crying and pulled her into a tight hug, which her to finally break down.

Cries of agony bellowed out as she released everything she'd been holding in. I held her close, allowing her to have this moment.

Once she settled down, she finally opened up. She told me about this William character and her grandmother's predicament.

When I see William, I'ma fuck his ass up. No one messes with my angel. That new girl got something coming for her too. You mess with my bestie, you mess with me.

I was shocked to hear about her grandma, more so hurt. That woman got a heart of gold, so to hear that she's sick.....words couldn't describe it.

For the rest of the night, we laid in my bed, lost in our thoughts. Leah soon fell asleep, while I stayed up.

I threw our trash away and helped her get under the covers. After that, I joined in with her.

"Goodnight, angel." I whispered and drifted off to sleep.