LII.

LEAH

It was the next morning and sun rays were peeking through the window. I stirred in my sleep, feeling something hard beneath me. I slowly opened my eyes as I looked to see what I was laying on. William. I rubbed my eyes, getting the sleep out of them before staring at Will's sleeping face.

Last night's events circulated through my mind as I reminisced. Then, it donged on me. I looked at my hand and stared at the promise ring that Will bought me. I'm officially his girlfriend. I smiled from ear to ear as I let the thought sink in.

"What you smiling for?" Will's voice boomed, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, nothing." I looked at him and continued to smile.

I traced his chest tattoo with my acrylic fingernail. He covered his mouth as he yawned.

"What you thinking bout?" He rubbed my back.

"I'm finally your girlfriend." I smiled brightly.

He returned a smile. "And I'm finally your boyfriend."

He leaned in for a kiss, but I quickly moved my head. He looked at me with a face of confusion.

"You're not kissing me with that stank ass breath of yours." I covered my mouth.

"Man, I don't give a fuck about no morning breath. Gimme my kiss." He moved my hand.

"Nooooo." I giggled.

I was about to make a run for the bathroom, but he was too quick. He pinned me down and hovered over me.

"Move, Will I need to shower." I whined.

"Not until I get my kiss."

"Oh my God."

"We'll sit here all morning until I get some love." He said, looking at me.

"Okay, fine." I huffed.

He smiled before crashing his lips onto mine. Stank breath and all. I could never get tired of his lips on mine though.

"That's more like it." He let me up.

"Whatever." I made my way into the bathroom.

45 minutes later, I was showered and dressed into sweats and a shirt. I was putting on my shoes, when Will came out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You leaving?"

"Yeah, I think it's time for me to go."

He dropped his towel and put on boxers, ball shorts, and socks. He walked over to me and pulled me into his embrace.

"I don't want you to go." He replied with his face nuzzled into my neck.

Hell, I didn't wanna go either. I wanted to stay in his arms forever.

"I don't either, but I think I overstayed my welcome." I wrapped my arms around him.

He kissed my lips. "I'll call you later."

"Alright." I kissed him once more.

We pulled apart and left his room. His mom was sat in the living room watching TV.

"Bye, Mama Pierce." I waved as I left out the front door.

"Mhm." She stared after me as I left.

Will walked me to my car and held the door open as I got into the driver's seat.

"Drive carefully." He shut my door.

I rolled my window down.

"I will, bye." I started up my car and headed home.

WILL

After Leah left, I went back inside and locked the door behind me. Ma stared at me as I was making my way back upstairs. Before I made it to the first step, she stopped me.

"Come here, Will."

"Yeah?" I asked, standing in front of her.

"Have fun?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Yeah, yesterday was a good day." I smiled.

"I even made Leah my girlfriend. We're official now." I added.

"That's good, baby."

"Ya'll done celebrating?"

"Celebrating? What you mean, Ma?"

"She stood up and walked towards me. Before I knew it, she hit me upside my head.

"Ow, Ma!" I shouted.

"What was that for?"

"I heard y'all last night. Nasty asses having sex in my house." She held a look that could kill.

"I'm sorry, Ma." I held my head.

"Don't let that shit happen again." She replied in a serious tone.

"Ight, I won't."

We were interrupted by the TV in the background. The news was on.

News reporter: Local teen, Andre Stevens has finally been arrested for the attempted murder of William Pierce. The arrest happened a few hours ago. Witnesses spotted the young teen wandering the streets. Police immediately came and arrested him. Sources say that he'll do 15 years in prison.

"Wow."

"You finally got justice, hunny." Ma stated.

"How do you feel?"

"Happy, relieved."

"Me too, he's getting what he deserves."

"Yeah."

"You want breakfast?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, I'll go make something." She went into the kitchen.

I went to my room and sat on my bed just as my phone rung. Danny was calling.

"Wassup." I answered.

"You saw the news?"

"Yeah, it's good he's in the pen now."

"Yeah, bro now you don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Straight up."

"How was your Christmas?" He asked.

"It was good. How was yours?"

"It was cool."

"That's good, bro." I responded.

"Yeah, well that's all I was calling about. I'll talk to you later, bro."

"Ight." I hung up.

I laid back in bed and stared at the ceiling. I felt good this morning. I got my girl and that nigga is gone now. Life is good.