LVII.

WILL

"Hey, Will when you're done sweeping, clean the tables for me, then you can go." Mary said as she went towards the back.

"Ight, I got you." I swept the trash off the floor.

It's been three weeks since I've spent time with Leah. Three weeks since I've chilled with the bro's. Of course, we'd sometimes hang at school, but that wasn't very much time together. I've been working like crazy at Jenny's, but it's cool though. Soon, I'd have enough saved up for a car.

Working here wasn't so bad. The pay was good, so I couldn't complain. Mary was a down to earth manager. She wasn't like most managers, who took things to the extreme. She was cool to work with.

Ma went back to work a few days ago since I've been feeling better. No, she doesn't work crazy hours like she used to and I'm happy about that. Our deal is working so far.

School's been alright. My grades are good. I just do what I have to and call it a day. Since there's no ball, it's just school and work. I ain't gone cap, but I miss being on the court. I can't wait until next year.

My relationship with Leah is beyond good. That girl makes me so happy. We talk to each other everyday and night. When I'm on break, she'd text me to check on me. She'd call sometimes, but it'd be a short convo since she'd be in practice. I appreciate her effort regardless. As long as I talk to my baby I'm good.

Once I finished sweeping the floor, I went ahead and wiped the tables off. Afterwards, I clocked out and headed out the door. Man, I'm tired. I just want to shower, talk to my baby, and go to sleep.

As soon as I got to my car, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"I thought I might find you here. You look cute in your lil uniform." The voice said.

I turned to see Kani.

"How did you know I work here?"

"The streets talk." She came closer to me.

I sighed. "What do you want, Kani?" I grew annoyed.

"I came to see you. I miss you." She caressed my face.

I quickly moved her hand.

"Don't touch me."

Kani sighed. "Will, what do I have to do for us to work again?"

I looked at her crazy.

"Kani, there ain't gone be an us ever again. I've moved on and I think you should do the same."

"I've made one mistake, Will. I'm sorry."

"All it takes is one mistake."

She put her head down and nodded.

"Can we at least be friends?"

I shook my head. "Nah, we can't."

She just stood there quiet.

"Have a nice night, Kani." I got into my car and drove off.

——————————————

Williamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें