Prologue

It's the time of year which everyone was waiting for, Graduation. At the end of the year, 22 years old Sarah Paulson gathered multiple awards, while her bestfriend Lily and Zachary have one along with some other special awards.

After the graduation, there was a celebration in the gymnasium where everyone gets a chance to hang out, take selfies and say their goodbyes.

At the middle of the celebration, the best of friends drifted away from the crowd and found themselves at the rooftop, lying next to each other, on the concrete floor, looking at the beautiful blanket of shining stars.

The three were sharing all of the beautiful memories they had for their last school year, having a conversation about so many things their stressful, silly, and fun moments. After sometime Zachary and Lily noticed that Sarah spaced out, while looking at the shining stars above her.

Lily turned her head sideways, looking at Sarah.

"Is there anything wrong?"

Sarah shook her head. The two knew Sarah well, and it was very obvious that she's hiding something from them. Zachary cupped Sarah's face and turned it so that she can see her eyes.

"Sarah?" His voice was serious

"It's just that I'm going to miss you guys." Sarah forced a smile on her face as tears started to fell from her eyes.

Lily hugged her bestfriend after hearing her sniffle.

"Oh com'on Sarah, are you not even glad that college is over; we hang out 24 hours a day!" Lily said as her hugs became tighter, this is one of the things Sarah will miss. The three of them hangin' out together, going to parties, Zachary's jokes and of course Lily's hugs.

Everythin' is perfect for her, as long as Lily and Zachary is by her side.

"Com'on girl, what seems to bother ya?" Zachary asked while looking at Sarah with Clingy Lily wrapping her hands tightly around her waist and head on Sarah's shoulder.

"I... I... I am Leaving" Sarah murmured.

Her voice was barely audible, Zachary knew this was coming; she kept it a secret from Lily. He knew Lily can't handle it without Sarah, she was her source of strength, her inspiration and her everything.

"The night is young Sarah; the celebration's just getting started and remember that you promised us that we'll be having an overnight at Zachary's?" Zachary raised his brow. Lily still can't get it. He thought to himself. He stood up and excused himself.

"I think you should tell her everythin' I'll just go down and join them for a while" after Zachary left, Lily looked at Sarah dumbfounded.

"What was that about?" she asked softly as Sarah looked at her in the eyes.

"I got a job, Lily... they said they were interested to hire me right after graduation and it's my dream job... I am hired as a detective, Lil"

"Wow! Right away? You're going to be a great detective Sarah." Lily smiled sweetly.

"Stop it"

"What? What did I do?"

"Stop smiling like that. You're making this harder for me"

"Huh? You're acting a bit weird today Sarah, are you tired? Do you have any problems because I'll listen even if its 9000 minutes long."

Sarah sighed. She knew she had to explain everything to her, she hid it from her all the time, she wanted to tell her long ago but she was always in a bad timing.

"I... I am going to Europe for that job."

Lily's smile disappeared, she was surprised. She didn't see this coming. This means one thing for her; she's going to lose Sarah for a long time.

"Are you coming back after how many years if so?" Lily's voice was cracking, as the first drop of tear fall from her eyes.

"4 years, maybe 5?"

Lily was just staring at Sarah, hoping that Zachary and Sarah were pulling a prank on her just like what they did before; she was hoping that Sarah would burst in laughter as Zachary would open the roof top door and make a loud "Surprise Bitch it's just a joke!" but the thing is that. This wasn't a joke.

"Why now? Why are you telling this to me right now? I could've readied myself" Lily sobbed, Sarah reached out and hugged her.

"I planned to tell you long before, besides you'll get distracted. You almost failed forensic biology in the second semester remember and I know you love me so much" Sarah teased Lily to lighten up the situation.

Lily forced a smile on her face and leaned her forehead to Sarah's.

"How can I live without you?"

"Don't be so dramatic, I'll be coming back I promise and the first person that I will see is you, and we'll visit Zachary then we'll hang out and..."

Lily pressed her lips to Sarah's. Sarah returned the kiss and closed her eyes. She could feel Lily's hand caressing her face.

Sarah rested her forehead on Lily's

"I... I love you" Sarah whispered.

"I love you more" Lily answered, as Sarah pulled her into a tight hug. "You're coming back? Ya hear me?" she whispered, her eyes watered once more as those words slipped of her mouth.

"I will... as soon as I can"