Chapter 15

Back at the motel, both Sam and Dean were still talking. Sam says, "But why would they want an innocent girl like Valerie to steal it? Do you think it has something to do with the princess thing?"

"Whoa, Sam! You said yourself that we wouldn't bring that up again." Dean interrupts.

"I know." Sam turns toward me. At least I know they didn't forget they were talking about me while I was in the room. "Did they call you anything else?"

"The Huntress." Immediately Sam types on his computer.

"The Huntress," he starts. "Is the PRINCESS of the underworld, the daughter of..."

"Continue." I could tell Dean was irritated.

"The daughter of the King." Sam says quietly. They both go completely silent. They start to whisper to each other.

"No, it can't be." Dean says.

"It would make sense why Castiel was asking who her father was." Sam whispers back. "I think she can hear us."

Dean clears his throat. "Keep reading then."

"Her father being the King of the crossroads..." He stops and looks at Dean. "She makes deals with Demons to steal things. In return she gets whatever she wants. Should I keep going?"

"Yes." Dean says starstruck. I was starstruck too, I have no idea what they're talking about.

"She was born after The King makes a deal with a fair maiden. Then this maiden must give birth to The Huntress. In return she gets whatever she wants. Even when The Huntress dies she comes back to do what she was born to do. Her main goal is to keep the gate's of hell open."

"Val, go to bed!" Dean yells.

Dean's POV

When we were sure she was asleep, I turn to Sam. "I can't believe this."

"I mean it makes sense. Doesn't it?"

"But The Huntress is a Demon, her eyes have never changed, she's never been tempted to eat us, she's never reacted to her knife whenever she accidentally cut herself."

"I'm sorry, Dean, but Castiel was right."

"No." I shake my head. "No!"

"You're going to wake her up." Sam shushes me. He puts his hand on my shoulder, but I shove it off.