Chapter 22: Catching the Eye

Start from the beginning

     Peng Xiang blinks and rub her eyes, wondering if she's just imagining but she looks again and he's still there looking back are her. She blinks at him and he blinks back before taking a seat a section below her. 

He sucks in the air: Looks like Yu Qing's head cheerleader is not big on talking.

Peng Xiang: Uh, you are...?

He smiles: I am Lin Xiyan. I was in the second match just now.

Peng Xiang: Oh right. You play well out there.

Xiyan: But your players did even better.

Peng Xiang turns to him alarmed: How did you know I was the head cheerleader?

Xiyan: Miss Yan mentioned that she's in the cheer team when she came and visit us. She said you can always find the cheerleaders by who hype up the crowd. 

Peng Xiang: Why are you here?

Xiyan: The team disperse and I wanted to see if you were still here.

Peng Xiang: Me? (points at herself)

Xiyan nods: May I know your name?

Peng Xiang sees flattered: My name is Peng Xiang. Why are you here? Why did you come back for me?

Xiyan: I- (turns away) You caught my eye on court and I was wondering if we could be friends. 

Peng Xiang: Of course. Actually, I was going to have Anbao introduce me but she has gone missing for a while now.

Xiyan: Do you mind if I stay and chat for a bit?

Peng Xiang: I don't mind.

**************************

   As the Yu Qing team follow Mu Siyang to where-? They're not really sure. Mu Siyang tells them to straighten up and not look for trouble before explaining that Xing Yao's captain, Ji Jingwu had just called him and let him know that they have Anbao. They must go to the meeting place and get Anbao back.

Jiale: They got Anbao? As in they stole her?

Qiao Chen: So they kidnapped her and say they're giving her back a a sign of good faith? How is that good?

Xinglong: The important thing is getting Anbao back.

Dachi: Xinglong is right.

Lu Xia: Why do they have her?

Yan Zhiming: I think they'll explain that when we get there.

Baiyang: If they even touch a single hair on her head, they will not return safely.

Lu Xia: Perhaps Baiyang should stay at the back of the group.

Jiale: No way. Baiyang has the devil stare. Have him in the front, that will scare them.

Mu Siyang: We're here.

    They walk up to a bridge where most of Xing Yao's tennis members are. Steps away from them, the tension is already stirring up. 

  Ji Jingwu steps forth and so did Mu Siyang.

Ji Jingwu: I was worried we might have contacted the wrong captain.

Mu Siyang: Where is she?

Ji Jinguw: Don't worry. My people found her knocked out by some stairs far away. We've kept her cool by having a personal fanner.

Mu Siyang: Thank you for looking after.

Ji Jingwu: We'll be facing off you next game. Will you play with me again?