Chapter 16: Wages and Challenges

Huang Jing swings his racket around aimlessly with Xiuwen in the park. Huang Jing is obviously in deep thoughts. He's waiting for Xiuwen to ask what's in his mind but Xiuwen ignores it, Huang Jing brings it up himself.

Huang Jing: You know, now that Anbao is nutritionist, I don't have to focus on two things and just on one thing. If she is the tennis nutritionist, obviously she has great interest in tennis. If I can show her and the main team that I'm great then Anbao will be so impressed by me and I will also be a main player!

Xiuwen: But, aren't they currently full?

Huang Jing: But they only have one extra? What if one day they need two extra? Besides, no one is teaching her how to play! Perhaps I can and it will be so romantic~

Xiuwen: I don't think Anbao is interested in tennis like that. It's like how the cheerleaders just come to cheer and watch. No one knows what's going on but they know that the scores matter.

Huang Jing: Yeah, that's true.

********************************

    The next day at practice, Huang Jing lead the junior tennis members very energetically that Anbao gave him a cup of water. His heart fluttered. Of course he was winning her over! This just gave him more motivation to do well in tennis.

   After practice, Huang Jing wanted to approach Anbao and talk with her about just a simple hangout. He sees Anbao talk with Yan Zhiming, not able to hear their conversation before it seems like Yan Zhiming reluctantly agreed to something with a nod. Anbao hugs Yan Zhiming as a thanks making Huang Jing's heart melt at the cuteness of their cousinship.

   Anbao gets on a call then rushes out of the tennis court. Huang Jing wants to follow her but something made him freeze. Huang Jing felt anxiety and even a little dizzy. Xiuwen and A-mu stood behind him, well aware of his intention to ask Anbao for a hangout today.

Xiuwen watch as Anbao exits the campus: H-Huang Jing, hurry. She's leaving.

Huang Jing: Guys, to be honest...right now, I'm afraid. There's this shakiness in me.

A-mu: You're getting cold feet to ask her for a simple hangout?

Huang Jing:...you guys want to tag along?

Xiuwen: No. You've been waiting for this. Go on without us. I'm walking home with A-mu. (A-mu nods)

 (A-mu nods)