Chapter 33

When Amy's group had finished she was surprised to find she'd won that round with the best time which was 7 seconds faster than anyone else. A few had tried to do what she had been training for cutting corners to save seconds and ended up knocking down a rail.
Then Group 2 started there event, then Group 3 and finally Group 4 which Ashley was in.
Ashley came 2nd but at least she was through .
After Lunch the knock out would start with the higher Jumps Just like her Mum had told her.
Amy had taken Shadow back to the stables after her event as the hard work would begin after Lunch, she'd checked the Hay with wet fingers to make sure there wasn't any salt in it and it was clear.
Sat at a table waiting for her lunch she'd ordered she heard Val's voice.
"Well that horse of yours looked so Majestic out there Amy, and the colour of your Jacket and Helmet make your Blues Eye's pop Amy, very professional I must say".
"Thank you Val, it was a surprise from my Mum".
"How do you get your horse to turn so quickly when you don't take the wide route to the next Jump Amy, I saw others try it and knock the rail down".
"Training Val, that's what took the longest time".
"Well this afternoon is going to be a nail biter for sure".
"Yep, it's going to be hard but especially on the horses".
"Are you nervous ".
"I was this morning,  but now I'm looking forward to it".
Amy looked at Ashley, "What about you Ashley, you ready for the knock out".
Ashley Just shrugged,  Amy knew she wasn't into it like she used to be because of Val but didn't ask anymore questions as her Lunch arrived, Just something light.

Back at Heartland they were getting everything ready.
"Marion have you heard anything yet"
"No Ty, not yet which hopefully means she's still in it, I tried phoning her but her phones switched off ".
"Okay thanks, Oh Marion I'd like you to meet my mum Lilly".

Back at the competition Amy was getting Shadow Ready and giving him lots of fuss and talking to him, she did the Taste check again on the Hay, food and water and everything was fine.
Shadow was all set for the final knock out. Only the best times of the first three from each group went through to the next round.
Amy was last to go this time of her group, this time it felt like Shadow had taken off the brakes he was so quick and the way he took the short cuts caught Amy by surprise as these Jumps were full height, as Amy went over the last Jump the crowd went wild, Amy couldn't resist and looked back at her time, "Oh my God I'm in the Final".
Amy had the fastest time by 4 seconds.
Amy took Shadow to a special room they'd supplied to cool down the Horses and the riders. She took her phone out of her inside pocket and switched it on, then sent a quick text to her mum, * I'm in the FINAL*
then switched her phone off again and put it back in the secure inside pocket of her Jacket. Amy knew Ashley was in the group Jumping now, she wanted her to win or did she, Jumping off in the final against her would be hard as she knows what Val can be like.
But the winner of group 2 was not Ashley, she came second by 2 seconds.
Two more groups of three to go.

To be continued