Chapter 16

The following day they went and exchanged Marion's old style Truck with something better and safer, Marion really liked it..
Later on Amy was going to go into town Just to look around.
Ty was working on the tractor oiling and greasing when Amy walked over.
"Hiya handsome ".
"Are you talking to me or Ty".
"Grandpa,,,, I didn't know you were here". Amy went beetroot red.
Ty looked at Amy trying not to laugh.
But they could both hear Jack giggling to himself.
"I'm going into town is there anything you need".
"No I'm fine thank you Amy, I gave my mum a list this morning ".
"Okay, I'll probably pop in to see Soraya on my way back, see ya later Grampa ".
"See you later Amy".
She gave Ty a kiss then drove off waving to her Mum in the training Ring. Amy only had two weeks left to go and couldn't wait to meet this little girl, she hadn't seen Val Stanton since she put her foot down, Ashley had visited a few times flirting with Ty right in front of Amy's face but Ty had always put her down and made out he had other things to do.
Amy was enjoying her drive except for some mad bloke in a sports car showing off and hedge hopping cars and lorry's causing people to have to brake.
"You always get one idiot on the road" She said to herself.

Jack and Ty were making good progress on the tractor , Jack hated having to do a Service on it on his own. Jack reached over and put the radio on in the tractors cab, "It's to quiet so we'll have some music.
It wasn't long before the music was interrupted with a Traffic accident notice.
"We interrupt the program for an important announcement about a multiple vehicle accident on route 9 heading into Hudson, a number of vehicles have been involved in the pile up and a few vehicles are on fire. Everyone is advised to take an alternative route , Emergency crews are on scene.
Ty and Jack look at each other then the time to work out if she was already in Hudson, "Try her phone Ty".
Amy's phone rang and she managed pick it out of her pocket.
"TY,,".
"AMY,,, are you in the pile up on Route 9".
"Yes Ty, my waters have broken and my shoulders sore from the seatbelt ".
"Is anyone near you".
"No, there trying to help those who's cars have caught fire, but I think they got them out in time".
"Okay  put your hand on the horn and hold it till someone turns up stay on the phone with me okay".
"Okay Ty, "
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Amy kept her hand on the horn and rested her head on her hand to keep the horn going. After about five minutes two Firefighters ran to her truck and opened her door. Amy took her hand off the horn and looked at the Firefighter then handed him her phone.
"Hello anyone there".
"Hello , hi this is Amy's Grandfather,  she's 38 or 39 weeks pregnant and she said her waters had broken during the crash".
"Okay sir , don't worry we'll look after her and get her to Hudson General as quickly as we can".
"Thank you sir, tell her we will be at the Hospital waiting for her".
"Okay I Will". Then he hung up and gave Amy her phone back.
"We're you wearing your seatbelt miss ".
"Yeah I was".
" Okay that could of caused it, are you hurting anywhere else".
"No, I mean yes, my shoulder,  seatbelt I think ".
It didn't take long to get Amy out and onto a stretcher,  then once in the Ambulance they set off for Hudson General ".

To be continued