Chapter 13

Amy and Ty were almost back when Amy starts moving Ty towards a Large tree.
"What are you doing Amy".
"I want a kiss before we get back"
"I think I can oblige you".
Five minutes later there on there way back.
They put both horses in Stables and top up there water buckets.
"I'd better go and get on with my other work, I'll see you later".
"Okay see ya later". Amy kisses his cheek and walks back to the Ranch House.
When Amy walks in she can hear her Mum and Grandpa Talking.
"I can't understand why he turned up instead of Just phoning,  he must of known what sort of reception he would get, as if I wouldn't forget the beatings he gave me because he was drunk or on those dam pills, god forgive what he would of done if the girls had been teenagers because I know they would of answered him back and then they'd of been on the receiving end of his temper".
"Marion calm down, if he'd of touched those Girls he'd of been on the receiving end of my temper, you told him to go and he did without any trouble,  he knows Amy's alright so hopefully he'll leave us alone".
"Yeah I know Dad,  but your not as young as you were and if he tries anything you could get hurt  that's what I'm worried about, and Amy, if he gets his claws into her he'll make her life hell by bullying and pushing her to do better Just like he did to Lou. That's why she won't come back here to live, only visit, and if she finds out he's back, well god help him if he tries to brainwash Amy, she's doing fine Just as she is".
"Yes she is, I also think she has a soft spot for Ty".
"Oh yes, she thinks we don't know but I really hope those two end up together because I really like Ty".

Amy was catching flies, her mouth wide open, then she smiled because she did like Ty very Much.
She opened the door and made sure she made a noise,  "Hi I'm back".
"Hi Love, cup of Tea".
"Yes please mum,  I need to put my feet up after that walk".
"Me and Ty were up on the hill and could see you and some bloke arguing, he looked like a nasty piece of work from what we could see, Ty wanted to ride down and make sure you were okay".
"Oh that was nice of him".
"Who was he Mum, Just in case I ever bump into him".
"Oh, no one to worry about Amy".
"MARION ". Jack walks into the Kitchen and sits at the Table.
"Just be honest with her please, she needs to know, like Amy said , what if she bumps into him in town or out on the trails, especially with him working at Big River Ranch".
Marion puts there Tea's on the Table and a coffee for Jack.
"Well, yes I suppose you should know who he was and the sort of person he is that I've been protecting you from since you were five years old.
He was your Father Amy, he'd heard you were Murderd and it took him two months to pay his respects,  but I put him right about how you were alive and recovering well.
But there's things you need to be aware of Amy, if you want to see him I won't try to stop you, it will be your decision, but hear me and your Grampa out first okay".
"Yeah of course, but like I said he didn't look like a very nice person to me ".
Marion and Jack explained everything to her,  his Temper and bullying,  at the time he was an Alcoholic and on Pills because he got messed up in a Rodeo accident, if he see's a chance to make money out of someone,  family included he will.
"So it's up to you love".
"No thanks, Lou told me a few stories and I have enough going on at the moment,  so I'd rather avoid all that".
"Okay love, let's get your feet up in the Lounge they look a little swollen ".

To be continued