"➐➋" : ᴀsʜᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴀsʜᴇs

✰。◍✰。◍✰

。◍。◍

ʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ:

Vincent Griffith had lost his mind. The Lafayette Cemetery was abuzz with this news. Witches from all the nine covens clustered in the place, whispering among themselves as Vincent and Davina appeared together, ready to address the whole community. Everyone stepped aside, making way for them as they walked down between rows of tombs to the front steps of the Lycée, the very building where Davina had been taught to control and use her powers.

They both took their place behind the stone table, facing the crowd of confused witches. The last rays of the sun provided enough light to keep their surroundings visible.

With a sigh, Vincent began. "This city has known violence a hell of a lot longer than it's known about our magic. That's why all those centuries ago our Ancestors created the Ancestral Well. So that we would have something, some sort of power so that we could survive in this place...I've realized that our reliance on that power has grown very, very toxic,"

The witches listened to him with intrigue. Long ago, Vincent had asked himself a question that took him this long to answer. Yes, the Ancestors were old and powerful, but they didn't know any better. If the last few years had taught the witches anything, it was that they were better off on their own.

"Right now, our Ancestors are living in horror. Right now, our Ancestors don't have any peace And that's why, tonight, we are going to release them. So that every single one of our dead will be free. Once we release the Ancestral Well, our Ancestors are gonna know peace, but our power is gonna change forever. Our magic is gonna come from the Earth itself."

Davina's eyes searched the crowd for their reaction. Some of them looked hesitant, some still milled around, the others were pretty clear about what they wanted—freedom from the Ancestors. And it was all they needed to go on with their plan.

Meanwhile, back at the Boarding house, a worried Caroline paced around the living room. "I should've gone with them," She repeated the sentence several times.

"Hey," Rose placed her hand on the girl's shoulder in comfort. "His sireline's broken now, but he's okay. He'll be home soon,"

With a nod from Caroline, both the vampires turned their attention towards Alaric who along with Bonnie had been researching about the bell, with help from Ethan and Katherine, the masterminds of their plan.

"After Ethan Maxwell created the bell in 1790, it was corrupted by the sirens to open a temporary portal to Hell if rung eleven times by a Maxwell...that's where Peter comes in..." Alaric explained, glancing towards the man.

Stefan frowned, crossing his arms. "Tell me again why we need to open a portal to Hell?"

"...because the twelfth ring of the bell will unleash hellfire," Katherine added.