"➋➌" : ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

I was sat on a wooden log in the middle of the forest, the branched trees forming a canopy over my head. It was nearly afternoon, so the sun shone brightly. The soothing sounds of nature reached my ears like a lullaby, making me want to sleep but I kept my eyes open and leaned against the tree. The sound of footsteps pulled me from my thoughts and I looked up to see the person I had been waiting for. Upon seeing his face, a smile formed on my face and without wasting a second, I rushed over to hug him. Despite being surprised, Elijah quickly wrapped one arm around me while his other stayed inside his pocket. I quickly realized what I just did and broke apart the hug gently.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I told him, smiling awkwardly. "I guess I just missed you."

Elijah had an amused smile on his face. "Yes. I can tell."

"Oh..." I chuckled weirdly. "So..you got my note?" I asked him, changing the topic.

Elijah took out a note from his pocket. "Dear Elijah, meet me in the middle of the woods when you feel alive again and try not to run into anyone or the next time you see me, might be at my funeral. Much love, Rose,"  He read from the note and I shrugged innocently. "Now that I'm here...would you like to tell me why you removed that dagger from my chest?" He asked.

I crossed my arms. "I wanted to talk,"

"About?" He dragged the word.

"Life!" I answered innocently and he narrowed his eyebrows, a bemused look on his face. "I was bored and you are a good company so...I figured I'd wake you up so that we could have a little heart to heart." I rubbed my hands together.

"You woke me up because you were bored and needed someone to talk to?" Elijah remarked. "You never fail to amuse me."

I smirked at him and motioned over to the wooden log. "I think we should sit."

He walked towards me and sat on the log, unbuttoning his suit jacket. I took my place beside him on the log. After a moment of silence, I spoke up. "Thank you.." He turned towards me. "For what you did back in 1492...You saved me."

"I did what was right. You were just a child," He replied softly.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him and he nodded. "Why do you put up with Klaus?" He furrowed his eyebrows slightly. "I mean I get that he's family and you love him, but he keeps all of you in boxes. It's horrendous."

"Niklaus is paranoid. He has been forever haunted by his demons. He wasn't always like this. When we learnt that we don't share the same father, that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs. He has a long history of getting himself into trouble." Elijah said.