"➋➐" : ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ʟɪғᴇ

Smut warning throughout the chapter!

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ...

'And suddenly you know,
It's time to start something new
And trust the magic of beginnings.'

I read these lines somewhere on the internet a few months ago. Back then, these were just some words to me but now, I understood them perfectly. Life had given all of us a second chance long ago but we, haunted constantly by the ghosts of our past, never realized how precious it truly was until one day. That day, all of us decided to close the doors of our past and start a new life. Needless to say, we've never been happier. We were given a chance at a new life in which we now lived together, as a family, setting aside our differences.

Three months ago, the Mikaelsons exited our lives, taking all the drama with them. Even though a part of me missed them but I was happy that they left. Each one of us has been happier ever since. Caroline and Tyler's relationship had never been stronger, Stefan and Elena were enjoying their life together without the drama, Jeremy and Bonnie got back together, taking one step at a time while Damon and I loved each other more than ever before. Alaric started dating Meredith, who became a part of our group and Matt was finally focusing on himself and his future. Quite ironically, my sister and the others were on less hateful terms. She even visited a few weeks ago and remarked that she had a great time. Life had never been this normal before, not even when I was a human and I loved it.

"Boo!" Stefan's voice startled me, making me jerk back in surprise, causing the whisk in my hand to fall.

"Stefan? What the hell?!" I hit him on the chest and placed my hand on mine.

Stefan chuckled at me. "Scaredy cat," He teased me and I glared at him playfully.

I picked up the whisk from the floor and washed it while Stefan made coffee. I walked to my previous spot and started mixing the dry ingredients for the pancake batter when Stefan came to stand beside me.

"You two do know that I'm a vampire, right?" Stefan asked me, two cups of coffee in his hands. He handed one to me, which I took.

"Yeah...why?" I asked back, taking a sip of my coffee.

"So you know I have supernatural hearing...." I hummed in response. What is he getting at? "And that I can hear you two," Stefan mumbled, sipping his coffee.

"Yeah...Why are you-" I began but quickly realized what he meant by that.

Watching my eyes widen in realization, Stefan smirked. "You two should keep it down. Would be a huge blessing to my ears." Stefan looked like disgust. He leaned in closer to my ear. "You're quite loud." He whispered.