"➏➐" : ᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

✰。◍✰。◍✰

。◍。◍

London was the largest city in the United Kingdom. You'd think there was no peace and quiet here, that the only sound to be heard was the honking of cars and clattering of boots. Well, it was like that most of the time but now that I stood in a luxurious mansion, somewhere far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, surrounded by dense forests, I hadn't felt such peace in so long.

I stood by the window in a towel, peeking at the dark and gloomy clouds. It had gotten unseasonably cold here. A car came to life outside, soft and quiet, even for my heightened vampire hearing. Two familiar figures stepped out of it and I smiled, watching Riley and a sleepy Willow disappear inside the house.

We never went to their apartment. Going there would've exposed them to Katherine or her minions and I'd never want to put them in harm's way, but Lily didn't let us stay away either. She had a family mansion in some secluded place. That's when I got to know that our family was practically royalty. Despite being the heiress to massive wealth, Lily wanted a normal life so she moved away to the main city.

Nevertheless, no one knew about the mansion and we had a witch cloak it too so the chances of anyone finding it was highly unlikely.

I stepped into the bathroom, a steaming bathtub awaiting my presence. Dried flowers added in the water perfumed the air. Taking off the towel, I got into the tub and lowered myself into the warm silky water, feeling it hug every inch of my skin gently.

It had been weeks since everyone scattered to fulfil their part of the plan. Was there even a plan? No. All we did was put together an intricate pattern and hoped to find something from it. Enzo, Bonnie and Tyler extracted their first vial of werewolf venom and Alaric got something on the infamous Hell, the information on which by the way, had been super easy to find. Too easy for my liking.

"Vincent and Freya have been helping me gather all the information I need on whatever the hell 'Hell' is," I remembered him telling me, my eyes rolling back playfully. "Now there are a million different versions of the same story but they all tell the tale of same old Arcadius...According to the legend, he was burned at stake by his own villagers for being a psychic. As he was burning alive, he released a psychic blast so powerful that it created a new realm which we now know as Hell. From then on, whenever a soul who has committed a bad deed would die, they would get sucked into this hell where our big bad Devil would feed off of their souls for the rest of eternity,"

His words elicited a shiver out of me. After all the research we had done, they made sense and Klaus seemed to believe in Arcadius being real, so it might as well be true. Vampires. Witches. Werewolves. Now Hell and the Devil? What's left? Ninja turtles? Even if hell was real and our formerly dead enemies were its reputed residents, how were they alive?

I blow-dried my hair, clothed and feeling as fresh as a daisy. It was time I put my mental peace aside and search for answers. This wasn't a vacation for Damon and me, we were fugitives on the run and if there was any chance our ship might sink, we needed to get Lily and her family off of it.