"➍➎" : ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ's ɢɪʀʟ

✰。◍✰。◍✰

。◍。◍

ʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ:

"Are you...going to say something?" Stefan asked Rose with concern as she stared at Damon who was watching her with concern too. The three of them were in the living room of Stefan and Rose's house in Savannah. Rose was seated on a chair while Stefan and Damon were standing. She had been staring at Damon with shock just like last night, unable to say anything.

"Yeah...yeah...I'm processing," She mumbled out, looking towards Stefan. "He's real, isn't he?" She asked him with a sigh, repeating the question for the hundredth time.

Before Stefan could answer, Damon spoke for him. "Why don't you touch me and find out?" He asked, walking closer to her.

She closed her eyes for a second, getting up from her seat and moving closer to him. She extended her hand towards him, placing her hand right above his heart, both of them closing their eyes at the familiar touch. Rose smiled widely when she felt his heart beating in his chest. He smiled back, extending his arms for her and she quickly hugged him as stroked the back of her head. A few silent tears left her eyes, unbeknownst to both of them as a sense of home engulfed them in its warmth. After all, it had been a year and a half since they last saw each other. What the both of them forgot at the moment was that everything had changed in the past year, but were quickly reminded of it when Stefan's phone rang, causing them to break apart.

ʀᴏsᴇ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

I broke away from Damon as Stefan silenced his phone. I cleared my throat awkwardly as we both turned towards Stefan. "Elena..." He mumbled, indicating to the phone call as Damon's lips turned into a smile.

"What about Bonnie?" I asked him, diverting our attention from the phone call. Damon had already told us that he was stuck in a 1994 Prison world with Bonnie. "She sacrificed herself so I could come back. But, I don't want anyone to know. No sense making this harder than it already is," He told me, his smile fading away. I looked down, Bonnie's voice ringing in my ears. Always the one to sacrifice yourself for others, weren't you, Bon Bon?

"What are we going to tell people?" Stefan retorted in a low voice.

"We tell them she wasn't there," Damon replied, looking between us.

"So, how did you get back?" He questioned him as I sighed.

"Long story, a big flash of light, two decades worth of jet lag. I will explain all of my adventures in that flannel hellscape, but first, there's someone I got to go see..." He rubbed his hands together, smiling at me and walking towards the door. He's going to be so heartbroken when he realizes that she doesn't even remember him.