"➌➒" : ᴛɪʟʟ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴅᴏ ᴜs ᴘᴀʀᴛ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

It's funny how vampires thought they were immortal. Safe from death, from pain, from every rock life threw at them. They're not. No one was, not even the undead. I died seven months ago, only to be reborn. Having been brushed by death, life suddenly felt more precious and I wanted to experience every part of it.

Now that I was lying on my bed, sweating profusely and quite possibly, had a cold and fever too, I was starting to think vampires weren't that different from humans. They killed animals, we killed them, the cycle went on and on. It's funny how I wasn't scared of bullets or stakes or blood but I was scared of getting a cold. My mind was completely blank and my eyes closed, not being able to do anything other than to loathe the condition I was in.

"How are you holding on?" Stefan asked me, making me open my eyes.

"Much better!" I spoke sarcastically. "As you can see, I'm taking a swim in the Nile right now!"

He chuckled at me. "Still have your sarcasm, I see..." I got up slightly, resting against the pillows as Stefan placed the wet towel on my head. "Mmm...you're not that hot," He mumbled.

I hit his arm. "Not that hot?!"

He came closer to me, stroking my face. "No...You're panicking, you just have a cold," I glared at him, huffing like a child. "There's not enough venom in your blood that's why you're experiencing mild sickness only,"

"I hate you!" I told him, pouting and he chuckled.

"If someone ever asks me if I have a child, I'm gonna tell them it's you," He bopped my nose, still chuckling.

I picked up a pillow and hit him on the head. "You make out with all your children?" I countered teasingly.

He stiffened, glaring at me playfully. "Yeah, I heard you! I don't care! You either do this your way or I will have no problem in butchering a whole lot of witches!" We heard Damon yell from downstairs and I sighed. Ever since Stefan and I came home, Damon had been constantly pressuring Bonnie to ask the witches for a way to save my life. Even though the werewolf venom was not enough to kill me, the wooden bullet that was slowly making it's towards my heart was.

I wasn't giving much thought to the situation, none of us was. Damon had been screaming and yelling at every one since morning, refusing to accept that I got shot. Alaric was still unconscious, thankfully or God knows what Damon would've done to him. "He needs to stop," I mumbled lowly. "There's no way,"

Stefan placed his hand on mine. "There must be," He replied.

I shook my head at him. "No...I've been thinking about it all morning now." I took a deep breath. "I'm dying, Stefan," I admitted, finally letting the situation sink in. "I'm dying,"

"No, you're not," He replied, clenching his jaw as Damon entered the room. He looked at me and I met his gaze as Stefan walked out of the room to give us some space.