"➊➋" : ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

ʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ :

Damon, Elena, Jeremy and Alaric stood in the Old Witch house. Elena had just come back to life after John sacrificed himself for her. Rose's body lied on the sofa as all four looked at her with worry and sadness.

"Damon, are you sure your blood's still in her system?" Elena asked Damon, who now kneeled by Rose's side and continued to stroke her hair.

"Yes. It is. It should be." He replied, trying to convince himself more than the others.

"It's been too long. I think she's..." Alaric spoke but he wasn't able to say the word 'dead'. They all had met the girl just a little more than a week ago but she had grown on them.

Damon paid no attention to whatever Alaric said. He continued stroking her hair. "You asked me to trust you and I did. Don't you break it." He whispered to her. "Don't you dare."

Minutes passed but Rose didn't wake up which scared everyone. Alaric had been frantically pacing back and forth in the room while Damon was still kneeling by her side. Jeremy had taken Elena home and Stefan had gone with them while Bonnie had joined Alaric and Damon at the Witch's house.

"Why isn't she waking up?" Bonnie asked, looking at both men.

"She will. She's just taking her time." Damon replied optimistically. "We have to get her to the boarding house. She will have to drink blood to complete her transition when she wakes up." He finished and the others in the room looked at him with worry as he picked Rose up in his arms and left for the boarding house and they followed him.

When they reached the boarding house, Damon placed Rose on a sofa in the living room as they all once again waited for her to wake up.

After some time, when Rose didn't wake up, Bonnie was convinced that her friend was not going to wake up. She started tearing up at the thought of not being able to see her again. She placed her hand on Damon's shoulder.

"She's gone, Damon." She spoke in a low voice and Damon turned around to glare at her.

"You need to keep your mouth shut!" He replied through gritted teeth and Alaric came forward to help his friend.

"Damon, She's-" He started but Damon cut him off.

"Don't you dare," Damon warned and turned towards Rose again. "I let her in. I trusted her. She told me that I could trust her to take my pain away. She lied." Damon said and sped over to where he keeps his bourbon. He took a sip from the bottle. "And she's not coming back!" He shouted and threw the bottle towards the fireplace as both Alaric and Bonnie flinched, the latter in tears.