"➋➊" : ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

𝔸 𝕗𝕖𝕨 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕠, ℕ𝕐.

I was sitting atop a barstool, sipping my bourbon and enjoying the music. It had been a few days since I came to New York. Although I was with Riley and Lily most of the time, I still liked to wander around the city alone and discover some new things. It was currently close to midnight and the bar was filled with a sufficient amount of people. I motioned over to the bartender to bring the bill and paid it, getting up from my spot. I smoothed down my skirt and began to leave the bar. When I reached the doorstep, the strong scent of blood hit my nostrils, halting my footsteps. I did have a pretty good restraint but the scent was too strong. I looked around to see a man holding his bloody arm while another tried to wrap it up with a cloth. The sight and smell of blood made it quite impossible for me to control myself. I could feel veins creeping up under my eyes. Not being able to control anymore, I vamped out and started to rush at the man when someone grabbed me from behind and sped us off to an alley.

I growled at him. "Let me go!" I said to the man who was still holding me.

He had dark skin, brown eyes and looked as if he was in his mid to ending 20s. He pushed me back against the wall. "Not until you calm down." He replied calmly.

I kicked him hard, making him lose his grip on me. When I tried to speed off again, he grabbed me by my shoulders, restraining me against the wall once again. "You don't wanna do this. Don't let the blood get the best of you."

I growled at him once again, trying to break away. He must be much older than me. "Let me go or I'll chop your head off!" I threatened him but he just tightened his grip on me.

"Relax, you need to focus on your breathing." He instructed me and I did. "The smell of blood is gone." I whiffed the air to find no trace of blood and immediately calmed down.

I suddenly felt guilty for kicking and threatening him when all he did was help me. "You're right. It's gone." I took a deep breath. Noticing me calming down, he let go of me. "I'm sorry for the kick. I'm usually better at this but I don't know what came over me today." I apologised.

He shook his head at me, smiling widely. "It's okay. Been there, done that. Just helping out."

I smiled in return, fiddling with my bracelet. "And I'm greatly thankful to you for that."

He paused for a second before speaking. "Well, I can think of a way for you to repay me." He grinned and I raised my eyebrow at him. "You could have a drink with me." He replied and my lips broke out in a polite smile.

"Sure." I chuckled lightly. "So are you going to tell me your name or am I going to call you 'Handsome stranger who saved me'?" I asked me and he chuckled.