"➊⓿" : ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

"I know how to distract you," I told him and looked into his eyes. He took me in his arms and vamp sped us out of the boarding house.

When we reached our destination, it was dark outside. Even though it was night time, the place looked as beautiful as it did in the sunlight, even more perhaps. The moonlight peeked in through the leaves making our surroundings visible. Since we were in the middle of the forest, the starry night was completely visible to us. The twinkling stars, the turquoise-blue stream, the mellow and radiant moonlight made the forest seem heavenly.

Damon put me down on my feet as we both watched our surroundings in awe. Once we broke out of our trance, I grabbed his hand and took him to the banks of the stream. I took out my shoes and sat down by the edge, putting the lower halves of my legs into the water.
I shivered at the coldness of the water. But it would be fine after a while.

"You are not serious, are you?" Damon asked, looking at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I am." I replied, "Come on, now." I patted the area beside me.

He sighed but complied with my wishes nonetheless. He took off his shoes and folded his jeans, then got into the water with me.

We sat there in silence for a while, letting the water soothe us. I looked at him. "You wanna talk about it?" I asked him and he shook his head. I decided not to push him. He would open up when he wants to.

"You know, my mother used to say this." I began and smiled at the memory. "Nature is the greatest healer while water is the greatest reliever." I looked at him. "I used to be afraid of water. I would run away at the sight of streams or lakes. After Katherine was banished from Bulgaria, I was in a dark place. I missed her all the time. Then, my mother told me that all I had to do was to try and have the courage to trust the water to take away my worries. I cried at the thought of it but eventually when I went into the water, I realized that she was right." I smiled, shaking my head.
"We have been best friends ever since," I told him and he smiled at me, squeezing my hand.

"I trusted the water to take away my pain. You can trust me to take yours." I told him and he stared at me silently.

"I do trust you. I just don't trust myself." He replied honestly.

"But I trust you," I said and took a deep breath. "I really do," I assured him.

He said nothing. We sat there, staring lovingly at the other. The moonlight complimented his eyes, making him look more beautiful than he already was. His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips and then he started to lean in, and I did nothing. Just froze there. As he closed in on the distance between us, I stopped him by putting my finger on his lips, "Damon..." I said in a low voice. "You're looking for a distraction," I told him and he shook his head, cupping my face in his hands.