"➎➋" : ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ

✰。◍✰。◍✰

。◍。◍

When the Salvatores told Rose that they wanted to bring their mother back from the 1903 Prison World, she was beyond happy. However, the smile on her face turned to a scowl the second Kai Parker walked in to help. Even though he claimed that merging with Luke had changed him for he now had his younger brother's compassion but it's safe to say that nobody was convinced, especially not Rose and Bonnie.

Nevertheless, they both knew that they needed his help as he had the ascendant that could teleport them there. So, here they were in the 1903 Prison World hours later, searching for a certain blue-eyed Lily Salvatore. Little did they know, she had secrets of her own that could change their lives for the worse.

Bonnie and Kai looked for the ascendant outside the Salvatore Household, the psychotic siphoner catching snowflakes in his mouth like a child while the Bennett witch watched, rolling her eyes. On the other hand, Damon, Elena, Stefan and Rose searched for Lily in pairs inside the hefty mansion the Salvatores had grown up in.

"Aww, Stefie..." Rose held up a photo frame in her hands, glancing back and forth between the photo of a young Stefan and the older one before her in admiration. "You were always this cute!"

Stefan chuckled, taking the frame from her and smiling at it before placing it down on the drawer in the parlour. He admired the beaming girl before him, kissing her lips gently. "Mmm... Do you know how beautiful you look right now? It's such a pity that we're wearing so many clothes," He mused.

Rose hummed slightly with a giggle as he pecked her lips again. "Okay, Focus!" She scolded him playfully, continuing their exploration of the house.

The duo was about to walk into the big hallway in front of them when Rose stopped, noticing the stairs beside her. "Where do these go?" She asked him.

"The basement," Stefan replied, exchanging a look with The Petrova girl.

Knowing each other rather well, both of them descended the stairs and into the basement, not wanting to leave any part of the mansion unchecked. They made their downstairs, stopping in front of a door. As she stared into the isolated room through the door sill, unable to see clearly because of the dark, uneasiness spread over Rose, a familiar yet sinister aura looming into the darkness which she sensed instantly, turning towards Stefan.

"There are people in there..." She mumbled quite lowly, making Stefan furrow his eyebrows in confusion as she subconsciously opened the door, curious about where she had sensed such a vile presence before.

Rose opened the door silently, their eyes widening when a little bit of light entered the room, making their surroundings partially clear. Thanks to their heightened senses, the duo could clearly see what was in front of them.

The Petrova girl took a step forward, still in her trance of inquisitiveness, only to be stopped by Stefan. She shook her head at him, breaking free of his hold and he let her go, following her closely in a protective manner. Half a dozen desiccated vampires were seated across a table, dressed in old fashioned clothes. Letting the curiosity get the best of her, Rose got close to one of the vampires, touching her on the shoulder gently. Her hand moved, making the girl flinch.