***

I walked into my apartment tired from the long drive and my busy day. The meeting ended up being slightly longer than I thought and I hadn't got home until almost 9pm. Luckily that meant that Mel was home before me and I wouldn't have to wait for him to get home. I dropped my duffel bag on the floor once I got to the room, pulling off my jeans. "You're back." Mel said happily turning away from his desktop. I didn't even notice him there at first. "I am." I said watching him stand from his seat. "Stripping already?" He asked playfully. I giggled pulling off my shirt. "I'm tired I'm just going to go shower." I said putting my clothes in the hamper. He stopped me in my tracks as I made my way to the bathroom grabbing my waist. "Just gone walk pass wit no kiss no nothing?" He asked raising his eyebrows at me. I looked up at him rolling my eyes playfully as I leaned in kissing him. He smiled when I pulled away, leaning in pecking my lips twice before letting me go. "So needy." I said jokingly headed towards the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom hearing him chuckle as I closed the door. I grabbed a towel and rag going to shower feeling like it had been forever since the last time I was in my bathroom. I pulled off my underclothes before getting into the shower. I didn't take too long because of how tired I was. I really just wanted to sleep since it was already so late. Once I got out of the shower I grabbed my towel drying myself putting on moisturizer afterwards. I slid on my silk robe not really in the mood to put on any real clothes. I walked out of the bathroom seeing Mel laying in bed on his phone. I let out a small sigh going over climbing onto him. "Hey baby." He said putting his phone down. He wrapped his arms around me kissing the side of my face a few times. I smiled burying my head into his neck. "How was your meeting." He asked. "Mmm, it was fine nothing much happened just some notices about our new work." I said softly wrapping my arms around him too.

"You have new work?" He asked. "Just regular stuff like commissions and soon probably another exhibit." I said. "I'll have double that because of the reward I got, people are going to want my original pieces more." I mumbled. It was exciting but for right now I was all burnt out. I didn't want to start any pieces right now. This was the perfect time to go on our vacation we were planning. "Isn't that exciting?" Mel asked happily. I groaned pulling away from his neck sitting up. "It is but I'm all tired, I don't want to start any commissions right now I want to go on vacation now." I whined looking down at my hands that laid on his chest. "I'm ready whenever you are." He said his hand caressing my thigh lightly. "I'm ready now." I said shifting my gaze so I was looking at him. "Really? Like now now?" He asked raising his eyebrows. "Yes now." I said seriously. I was always so thoughtful about the decisions I made so now I just wanted to act on impulse for once. I was so ready to get up and leave with him now. I feel like we haven't traveled together in awhile plus I was started to get stressed so this was a perfect time for us to go. I needed to get my mind off a lot of things for even just a day. "We can talk tomorrow then, you just got here so give yourself a minute and get some rest okay?" He said, his hand still caressing my thigh. I nodded leaning back into him letting him kiss my face lightly. "Okay we can talk about it tomorrow then." I said softly laying my head on his chest. I laid there for a minute my mind going back and forth about whether this was a good idea or not to do this. This is why I preferred when I had my mind set on making decisions on impulse to just immediately do it so I wouldn't have time to think about the pros and cons of it. I would just do it and have to face my consequences if any later. Before I knew I had fell asleep from the comfortable feeling of Mel rubbing his hand back and forth on my back.

***

I opened my eyes looking over for a second at the clock on the nightstand. It was barely even 6am. I don't know why but my body just automatically woke up so early despite how tired I was the night before. I looked down seeing only Mel's arm on my waist, different from how he fell asleep with basically his full body wrapped around me. He must've gotten hot last night. I sat up letting out a slight groan as his hand fell from my waist. I swung my legs over the side of the bed rubbing my eyes. I stood adjusting the silk robe on my body going to the bathroom. Once my mind had started to function properly it went straight to the conversation Mel and I had before bed.

I was serious about that and didn't want it to seem like it was just me saying whatever last night. I should talk to Mel about it. He would most likely end up letting us go because I already have my mind set on it. I stood flushing the toilet before going to wash my hands. I left the bathroom afterwards seeing Mel still sound asleep. I shouldn't wake him up now though because it's too early so he'd be all whiny and not listen to what I'd be saying. I went over sitting on the bed grabbing my laptop. I went online searching for flights that would be soon for awhile. There was one for tonight but I feel like that would probably be too soon even for an impulse trip like this. There was another one that looked good for the morning. Sometime around 9am. That would be good if I can convince Mel to get up that early. Or we just stay up all night packing and all that. I kept going back and forth between what to do so it took me awhile before fully deciding on one thing to talk over with Mel.

I looked over hearing Mel move a bit. He stirred in his sleep as he moved his hand up to scratch his head. I think that's when the realization for him hit. His eyes opened slightly as his arms reached to wrap around me. I groaned slightly moving my computer from my lap to next to me. I turned on my side facing away from him as his arms comfortably wrapped around my waist and his head laid against my back. I propped one arm up laying my head on my hand while I scrolled through the flights. Now that I think about it, if I wanna do this I have to get started as soon as possible. Even if that means waking Mel up now. "Mel." I said softly hoping he hadn't fallen back asleep yet. It took a few seconds but he responded. "Hmm?" He hummed against my back, sounding a bit annoyed. "You listening?" I asked. "Mhmm." He hummed in response. "Can I book this flight for 9am tomorrow morning?" I asked. I could feel the vibration of Mel groaning against my back. A minute or two passed before he sat up. I looked over at him as he rubbed his eyes. "What?" He asked confusion all in his tone. "Flight tomorrow at 9am to Jamaica." I said. "Really? So soon." He mumbled. "Yea what you think?" I asked looking over at my computer knowing I was seconds away from purchasing the tickets. "I think... we shouldn't make decisions when I'm barely awake." He said. I groaned. "Mel I'm serious, I'm really thinking about this." I said turning towards him. He looked at me with tired eyes. "Okay then love whatever you wanna do, we'll figure out more when I get up." He said calmly. I smiled slightly. "But I'm still tired so you have to sleep with me." He mumbled.

____________________

I haven't updated in awhile guys sorry I really didn't know where this story was going lmao and just didn't have the time.

I still have that other story I'm working on which I will probably end up publishing soon because I actually have the chapters and timeline kind of planned out already.

Vote and comment :)