Chapter One Hundered and Nine

Start from the beginning

"I've never seen anyone fill out these files like this," fucking fantastic, you're gonna get fired already, "and I love it."

"What?" I spoke up without thinking. My eyes widened as I then quickly covered my mouth out of embarrassment. I swear I saw a ghost of a smile form on her lips,

"Miss y/l/n, I love how you filled out these engineering files. It's neat and consistent with everything else. I'm impressed since the executive engineer can't even do that. I know you are still in school, but after you graduate, I would like to make you the executive engineer here at the company."

"Me?" I asked, pointing to myself. She nodded her head and her gaze softened,

"Yes you. You take your job seriously and make time for it even though you are a full time student."

"One question," she allowed me to continue, "would I still be able to work from home and everything? Because that's how I got fired from my last job because they wouldn't allow me to. Needless to say, it was putting a strain on my relationship with my girlfriend. So if it doesn't allow for the freedom I have right now, I will not accept your generous offer Miss Lee."

"Ah, so that's why you got fired. That's a stupid reason. And yes, you will have all the freedom you have right now. I hope it will help your relationship with your girlfriend."

"Thank you Miss Lee, I will definitely take the job when that time comes." I held my hand out for her to shake and she did. With a smile. The first time I've ever seen her smile.

"Just call me IU please, no formalities anymore." I smiled widely at my boss,

"Okay IU."

"Now that that's settled, you can go to your office for a little and finish up your work for the week. Get it done early and you can go down to the warehouse and watch them construct the space station." My eyes lit up at that and I got up out of the chair quickly,

"I'll finish my work and go down there for a little bit. Thank you IU, have a great rest of your day." I waved goodbye to her and she actually did it back. I was then out the door and started to walk to my office... my office? I don't have a fucking office! I turned right back around and opened the door up again to see IU smirking at me,

"You don't know where your office is, do you?"

"Nope, in all honesty I didn't even know I had one here." She laughed a little and told me it was actually just right next to hers. I thanked her once more and went over to my office. I opened up the door and saw a simple space, but it was mine. I quickly set up the computer that was on the desk and got straight to work.

I was in my office for about 4 hours before I finished up everything. I grabbed my things and walked out towards the warehouse. I walked in and stood just on one of the platforms to watch. It was actually very interesting seeing them building things that people drew up. I was just leaning my head on my hands before I saw the time was already 7pm. I got back up and took the long way home because I just wanted to jam out to some music.

I got home a little later and I was met with an obviously empty apartment. I put my laptop in our bedroom and changed out of my jeans and shirt to some sweats and a hoodie. I also decided that I was going to cook dinner for the two of us tonight since I went grocery shopping yesterday. I pulled my phone out and texted Rosie on when she would be back home.

Me: hey love, when do
u think ur gonna be
home?

I put my phone down and got the ingredients out for some homemade chicken tenders and fries. I heard a buzz come from my phone and I looked down at it.