🅞🅝🅔

Before you start with the book, I would want you all to go through the book trailer provided above in media.

India
Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
Huge influx of passengers and rush everywhere.

Emma's POV (Y/N as Emma)

"Ma, Don't worry about me. I will be fine there, Dad please ask her to stop crying now!" I was unable to understand why my mom was so emotional.

Dad was trying his best to console mum, but she continued sobbing. "I will come soon okay? Don't cry, every time I get a long vacation, I will come back to India promise!" I hugged her.

"My poor daughter! How will you manage all alone there in a foreign country?" She said.

"It's going to be alright. It was my decision and I am well prepared. Now don't cry, I assure you I'll be back. You're behaving as if I'm going somewhere from where I won't return... "

Mom put her hand on my mouth, "Dare you speak anything like that!"

I made a face and hugged her again, "Accha yaar, (Okay buddy) I won't say anything like that. Now don't do any further delay, flight will be here anytime, I need to rush that side!" I said seperating myself from her. It hurts my heart to see her crying for me, but I have decided it for my bright future. Thanks to dad for being so supportive.

"Dad, take care of her okay?" I said and Dad hugged me.

"You go there tension free and study well. I want you to shine bright okay?" He passed me a smile and I nodded.

"If it was not you, I would have never thought to reach here!"

"It's not because of me, but because of your determination and concentration that you're such a bright student and bring fame to our name." I smiled. Suddenly, there was an announcement about the same flight which I had to take.

"Ma, dad, it's time now. I'll go myself that side! Love you both, bye bye!" I said and held my suitcase to leave.

Mom began to cry more and dad was waving me a bye, I began to take steps farther from them. It was my first time going so far from them, being a single child, I was kept like a princess at my house. But now life has decided to test me, for myself and for my mom dad I have to go, tears welled up in the corners of my eyes as I saw them off and didn't waste any more time there.

I ran from there, I didn't want this pain of sepration to linger anymore. It's better if I go and cry somewhere else, mom will cry more if she sees me like this. I wiped off my tears and went further. I was now at the end of the line, I submitted my luggage and went into the security for checking. I felt morose and nervous, morose because I was leaving my abode, my home country, and more than that, my family. I was nervous for what life held for me in future. I got into my plane after showing the tickets.

I took my seat near the window side, I wasn't excited at all because it was not my first time in a plane. I had earlier also been in planes, and I love air transports. I don't feel any kind of sickness in a plane, like I get in cars, that's why my dad never closes the windows of the car when I'm in. Closed windows, suffocate me. I was waiting for the take off, I checked the time, it was 1:40 pm...it will take sixteen fucking hours to reach there. Huff!

Before the take off, the pilot introduced himself and wished us a happy journey,then he was followed by the air hostesses who told us about our safety rules. Now the time came, it was time to take off, first it was running on the run away and then it took an about turn and speed increased. Withing a few seconds, we were up, up in the sky. A smile came on my face, I took out my phone and began making a boomerang of the view outside, the city looked like a craft model. I uploaded that on my social media with a caption, #OnMyWayToLA.