39. Mrs Vettel, Your Champion is Waiting

After all the interviews and the debrief it was time to celebrate. The team gathered for a few drinks in the hotel bar. It was a lowkey celebration and a big party was already being planned for the whole workforce back in the UK.

Seb couldn't take his eyes off of his wife. She looked absolutely stunning tonight. She was wearing a mint green dress that showed her ever-growing boobs off to perfection. It came down to her knees but he couldn't stop himself from thinking of sliding his hand up the dress and touching her.

Joe slid another Jägermeister in front of him.

"There you go champ." He nodded his thanks.

Champ. Weltmeister. Husband. Father. He had it all. He couldn't believe he had won the championship today. He felt for Max. The poor kid had it in his hands, then had it so cruelly torn away. Lewis had already achieved so much but it must still have hurt being so close yet so far away. Charles. Charles would have so many more chances.

Seb knew he deserved this. It felt so good. It was his proof that Ferrari had been wrong. He did still have it. Redemption.

He watched Emily chatting away to various team members. Everyone loved Emily. She just had a way with people. The more he looked at her, the more he wanted her. He couldn't wait any longer. He began to formulate a plan.

He drained his glass and stood up. He quietly slipped out of the bar and headed across the lobby.

"Seb!" He heard someone calling. A familiar voice. What the fuck did he want?

He turned to face the speaker.

"Mattia, what do you want?"

"I wanted to congratulate you on your victory and the championship."

"Not bad for a done driver, eh?"

"Sebastian, you misunderstood. We never thought you were done. It's just Ferrari wanted to move in a new direction. And as you can see, Carlos hasn't worked out."

"Mattia, I know exactly what Ferrari were implying."

"It was the board's decision. I wanted to keep you. They now see my way of thinking. Sebastian, on behalf of the board, and myself, I would like to offer our apologies. Also, we want you back. We made a mistake. We would like to offer you a 2 year contract to come back and win it for the Scuderia."

Seb was shell shocked. This was the last thing he'd been expecting. Ferrari was all he had ever wanted. Could he leave Aston Martin? The team that had saved him. The team he had grown to love. This was a chance to put his failures right. To finally achieve what he had set out of do in 2015 and take a title back to Maranello. He knew instantly what his decision was. There was no need to think about it.

"Mattia, wow. I wasn't expecting that. Thank you. I really am struggling to find the words. I think the words I am looking for are fuck you. No way on God's earth am I ever coming back there. There's no way I want to work alongside a sneaky little ferret like you again. I love Aston Martin. They believed in me when Ferrari threw me to the wolves. I am green till the end. So have a good evening. I have somewhere I need to be."

He waltzed off to the elevator a cheeky grin on his face. That had told the snivelling little twat. He rode the elevator up to their floor and went to their room. He sat down on the bed and composed a text. Then he hit send.

***

Emily was so busy talking to everyone that she didn't notice Seb had disappeared at first. Once she noticed she looked around the bar for him but couldn't see him anywhere. She looked out on the veranda. No Seb.