27. A Very Important Date

"Do you think I'm showing yet?" Emily asked Seb, pulling her nightdress up and looking down at her stomach. Seb flopped down on the bed next to her. He ran his hand over her tiny bump.

"A little, but that's because I get to see you naked. You can't tell when you're clothed. It won't be long. Soon we won't be able to keep it a secret any longer."

"I was much bigger last time. People were guessing before I was ten weeks. You don't think there's anything wrong do you?"

He kissed her cheek and smiled.

"Everything is fine my darling. All pregnancies are different. She's just fine."

"You mean he," she joked.

"We'll soon be able to find out. Not this ultrasound but the next one."

"I don't want to. I want it to be a surprise."

"Of course, that would be great. Something new for me. I knew early on with Leah and Klara. You know, I like the idea of a surprise."

"I suppose I'd better get up, hadn't I? I'm surprised I haven't been up puking yet. Perhaps he's going to start being nice to me now."

"You go shower and I'll make some pancakes if you fancy them?"

"Sounds delicious." Emily got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. There was a spring in her step. Today was the day. Today they would see their baby for the first time. She was excited. She knew that she was a little scared too but her excitement far outweighed that.

They had flown to Switzerland after the Japanese Grand Prix especially for this appointment. Tomorrow they would be jetting off for ten days in Hawaii before heading to Austin for the US Grand Prix.

Seb's confidence seemed to be back even though he hadn't won in Japan. He currently held a 14 point lead over Charles in the championship.

Everything was perfect. Emily really couldn't wish for any more. She was so looking forward to Hawaii. Alone time with her perfect man.

After she'd showered and dressed she headed downstairs. She found Seb in the kitchen. That man even looked sexy with an apron on.

"Just in time," he said. "Coffee?"

"No thank you. I'm kinda going off of it," she said. "I'll have tea please."

"Ah, junior doesn't like it. She takes after her daddy." Emily smiled.

"He."

"You go and sit at the table. I'll bring it over."

Emily did as he said. A couple of minutes later he carried over a steaming cup of tea and a plate of his famous apple pancakes. He put them on the table and sat down next to her.

"I can't wait until we can tell the girls," he said. "They will be so excited. I was thinking, shall we tell them after Brazil?"

"Yeah if that's whatnyoubwant, but why wait? As soon as we know all is OK maybe we should tell them. "

" Have you thought about names at all?"

Emily laughed. "Not yet Seb. You're more excited than I am I think. You'd never think that you've been through this twice before already!"

Seb nodded. "I'm very excited. I can't wait to see her later. "

"Only 2 hours and we see him Seb!"

"Well you'd better get a move on. We need to leave early in case it's hard to find a parking space."

"Yes boss," she said, popping a forkful of pancake into her mouth. He raised an eyebrow.

"Cheeky. Carry on like that and you'll earn yourself a spanking."