21. Cornwall Part 1

Two days after his second proposal Seb and Emily arrived back in the UK. They collected their hire car, nothing fancy, just a Nissan Juke, and headed straight down to Cornwall.

Seb had booked them a small cottage, complete with hot tub, just outside of Bude. They'd spent the first night getting frisky in the hot tub before Seb had carried her off to bed to finish what they had started.

The next few days were spent exploring the beautiful county in the day and making love by night.
Emily still could t believe his proposal. He really had flown her brother and friends, and Phil and Mandy over. She thought again of the party they'd held back at Seb's house after returning there.

Britta and Heike had decorated the place with balloons and banners whilst Seb had taken her to dinner. Nobody had every done anything so romantic for her before. It was a night she'd remember for the rest of her life. They'd partied until the early hours.

She looked down at the ring on her finger. It was beautiful. Seb definitely had good taste. Life was finally beginning to go right. She no longer felt broken. Seb had put her back together again.

***

Seb watched Emily as she paddled through the surf. He smiled as he saw her jump as a wave crashed against her legs. She was amazing! And she was his! Soon it would be time to head back to the F1 circus but for now it was just him and his girl.

He thought about all the things he wanted to do to her that evening. He'd never had so much sex in his life. She accused him of being insatiable when she was just as bad. Suddenly a thought occurred to him. He frowned. He needed to talk to her about something. He decided to wait until they got back to the cottage. He didn't know how she was going to react.

Once they arrived back Emily put a pizza in the oven and had a quick shower whilst Seb kept an eye on it. He'd just taken it out of the oven when she came back down, wrapped in a short satin bath robe.

They sat at the kitchen table eating the pizza and talking about what they were going to do the following day.

After they finished eating Seb washed up, Emily dried and put away. He knew he couldn't put this off any longer.

"Emily, can we talk please?" he asked, a serious tone to his voice. She looked at him, worry showing on her face.

"What is it Seb?"

"Come through to the lounge." She followed him into the lounge and they both sat down on the sofa together.

"OK, so this is probably nothing. It's more than likely just me over thinking everything as usual."

"Spit it out Seb."

"Emily, when was your last period? I remember you took your week break from your pill just after we arrived in Switzerland. Surely you should have come on by now?"

Emily froze. He was right. She'd forgotten all about her period as she'd been so loved up with Seb. She counted days in her head.

"Oh my God. I should have started about twelve days ago," she said, panicking. "I didn't miss any. I can't be pregnant, surely not."

"Calm down sweetheart. I didn't mean to freak you out. It just occurred to me earlier when I was thinking of how much sex we'd had since getting back together."

"Seb, I'm freaking out, big time. What if I am? I can't be. I just can't be." She start shaking, tears appearing in her eyes. This was a nightmare. They'd only just got back together.

"I'll get a test for you in the morning liebling. I am here for you whatever the result. I know it's not what we planned, not yet anyway, but you're stuck with me. I'm not going anywhere. I love you. "
"Hold me Seb," she begged. He pulled her into his arms and held her tight. He didn't know how he felt about the prospect of her being pregnant. He knew he'd love to have a baby with her but he also didn't want her to suffer any stress after what had happened with Jacob.

He stroked her back gently. "It'll be ok my darling. Whatever the result. It will be ok." He just held her until it got dark, neither one talking. Then he took her hand and led her up to bed. Once in bed he held her again. Neither of them got much sleep that night. And for once it was nothing to do with sex.

***
Emily sat at the kitchen table. She had made herself some toast but was too nervous to eat it and was now pulling it apart with her fingers.

Seb had popped out to the nearby supermarket to pick up a test. He'd be back soon and then they'd know. She was absolutely petrified. She didn't feel any different. She didn't feel sick, she'd been sick terribly before she'd even missed a period when she'd fell pregnant with Jacob. Her boobs weren't extra sensitive. So where was her period?

She knew it was probably a false alarm. She'd been late last year between Mexico and Brazil, had thought her Tequila hangover was morning sickness. She'd been late loads. So the chances of her being pregnant were slim.

She heard Seb's car pull up outside. A minute later he came through the door. He smiled at her and pulled the test out of his jacket pocket.

"Do you want me with you?" She nodded. They headed upstairs. Emily opened the box and followed the instructions. When she had finished she put the test on the side of the sink. She sat down on the toilet. Seb leant back against the sink.

"Sweetheart. It will be ok."

"What if I'm pregnant?"

"Then we will be blessed with a beautiful child. And I will be with you every step of the way."

"I'm scared Seb."

"I know you are my darling."

Three minutes later Emily picked the test up. She felt sick as she saw the two bold lines.

Seb saw the colour drain from her face.

"Emily?"

"I'm pregnant Seb," she said.