15. The Unexpected Dinner Date

Seb led Emily by the hand through the forest. She laughed as Seb stumbled on the uneven ground and they nearly fell to the floor.

He took a moment to steady himself and they carried on their way. Finally they reached a clearing. Emily was very surprised to find Antti there waiting for them.

"Thank you Antti, " Seb said. "He's been guarding everything for us," he explained to Emily.

"And now I'm going to go back to my car and make sure no-one heads this way. I'll call you if they do so you can don your disguise. Have fun the pair of you."

Antti disappeared into the trees and Seb led Emily to the picnic blanket that had been laid out on the floor. They both sat down. Seb pulled the picnic hamper towards him and opened the lid. He stuck his hand in and pulled out some tupperware containers of sandwiches. Emily laughed.

"You know what? This is just perfect Seb. I'd rather this than all the fancy dates in the world. Just you and me. Please tell me there's tuna sandwiches?" He opened the first container and looked.

"I actually have no idea. Britta sorted the food out," he confessed. Emily laughed, she'd already guessed that. "Cheese and cucumber?"

"Sure, thank you," she said, taking the sandwich from his hand. He took one out of the container for himself and took a large bite.

"So what have you been up to since Miami? I missed you."

"Oh not much. Went to see Joel a couple of times, he's hoping to be back for Belgium. He's coming to Silverstone, but only to watch. Oh and he and Demi are official."

"Fantastic. Took them long enough."

"Yeah ,didn't it just. Anyways, did a bit in the garden. Went swimming with Holly. Worked most mornings. Oh, and I missed you too. How are the girls?"

"They're great thanks. Getting so grown up now. We went hiking and also went swimming. Took them to their riding lessons."

"Sounds fun. I bet you can't wait for summer break so you can spend more time with them."

"About summer break...."

"What about it?"she asked, suddenly suspicious.

"Well, I'm having the girls for the first two weeks. Then Carla and Peter are taking them away on holiday. I was wondering if you wanted to do something. You know...go on holiday?"

Emily was quiet for a minute then she beamed at him

"I'd love that Seb." His face lit up.

"Oh Emily, you've made me a happy man. Is there anywhere you would like to go? It's entirely up to you." She thought for a moment.

"I know this sounds lame. All the beautiful places in the world, but I'd really like to stay in the UK. I'd love to go to Cornwall. My mum loved it there and I haven't been for a long time."

He picked up her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Your wish is my command. If Cornwall is where you want to go, then Cornwall we will go."

He passed Emily a cold flavoured water out of the cool box.

"There was something else I wanted to ask you. I know this is asking a lot. And I fully understand if you say no. Would you think about coming to stay in Switzerland with me? I mean in summer break. I'd really like you to meet my girls. I want them to get to know you and vice versa. I want you in my life Emily, and they are a major part of it."

Emily froze. She didn't know if she was ready to see the dad side of Sebastian. She was scared she'd start feeling maternal. She wasn't ready to have feelings like that. On the other hand, she was touched that Seb felt ready to introduce her to his precious children.