TWENTY-NINE | FORCEFIELD?

chapter twenty-nine, forcefield?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"MAY... ISSAC?" Allison questioned as we stood outside of her front door, desperate to be let in. "What are you two doing here?"

Those dark-shadow things disappeared when they couldn't find us, and my forcefield-like invisibility cloak filtered away with them. Isaac and I hadn't even realized how dark it was when they showed up, but it seems their whole persona rides on the back of darkness, so I'd assume they can only come at night.

Once they were gone, I took Isaac inside and gave him everything he needed to be warm again. A heater, a blanket, a sweatshirt, and Ferguson even offered to cuddle up to him for warmth. It didn't take him that long to feel warm again, thank god, so our conversation drifted over to what I did in a matter of seconds.

Isaac says it happened the second I yelled; a surge of power threw itself off of me and then the second I looked at him, I disappeared. He could only see me again once I touched his face and made contact with him, which means I didn't carry my power through the wind to him. So at least that was under control.

I just don't understand how it happened. How I could do something like that. How can I charm the winds, charm the mind, and now hide myself and others away? It just didn't make any sense.

It also didn't make sense what those dark-shadow things were doing at my house. Why did they want Isaac and me? And what the hell did they do to him?

He says he can't remember anything other than feeling like they were staring into his soul; it felt like they were learning his deepest, darkest secrets and seeing a part of him even he hasn't seen before. And their eyes were so bright, it hurt to look into them. It left you cold and afraid inside.

They were what we drew to Beacon Hills with the Nemeton.

"We need to see the bestiary," I told her urgently, moving past her into her home.

Isaac followed and she closed the door after him, "We were attacked. And May did this thing... it was insane."

"I thought you two weren't talking," Allison let everything we were saying sink in, "wait a second, you were attacked? By what? And what did you do, May?"

"We don't know what she did, that's what we need the bestiary for," Isaac answered as the both of us stopped leading the way, realizing we had no clue where to go. "Is your dad home?"

Hopefully, he is.

Chris Argent probably knows this bestiary like the back of his hands. I want to read the siren section for myself, but he might know what those dark-shadow things are. Kind of hard to find something you can't describe in a bestiary.

"Yeah, it is late at night after all." Allison moved in front of us, "The bestiary's in his office. I'll wake him up while you two look at that."

Isaac knew exactly where the office was, so the two of us nodded at her words and both took off towards it. My palms were sweaty in anxiety—what if I didn't like what I found? What if there was no explanation for this?

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 14, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Siren - Isaac Laheyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें