TWENTY-FIVE | MAD WOMAN

chapter twenty-five, mad woman.

MAY LOOKED OUT ON THE CROWD WITH A RACING HEART

MAY LOOKED OUT ON THE CROWD WITH A RACING HEART. This idea seemed so much better inside her head, but now a ball of guilt and nervousness was growing inside her stomach. She felt like she was going to puke if it grew any larger.

Olive could see her nervousness and deep down she knew that the things her, Gracie, and Quinn said in the car weren't right. They didn't mean any harm, they just didn't understand why May would want to hang around with that kind of group.

Sure, Lydia Martin used to be royalty to them and Olive used to yearn to be her friend, but not anymore. Not for a long time now, since Lydia ran off in the woods naked for two days. That ruined her reputation, and Olive didn't want anything ruining hers.

Her mom was the beauty queen when she went to Beacon Hills.

Not everyone loved her, but everyone wanted to be her and that in turn made her popular. She was all anyone ever talked about and Olive still gets teachers that will mention something along the lines of "I remember your mother like the back of my hand. She really made an impression on us all." and that's all Olive ever wanted to do.

So while she loved May to death, even in the short time they've gotten to know each other, she knew her reputation went first. And that's really why she set up the revenge plan. Olive could help May get back at a boy that played with her feelings and Olive could have a best friend that was dating Jasper Green.

That would secure her place in high school royalty for the rest of her life.

Olive smiled, thinking about the plan as she walked up behind May and knocked their shoulders together. Gracie and Quinn were already gone, off to get drinks and to find the boys that would occupy them tonight. May was happy they had made up, vividly remembering the awkward lunches that occurred when they were angry with one another.

May was honest with her feelings, "I have a bad feeling about this. It feels a bit rude, doesn't it?"

"What's rude is pretending to like you," Olive corrected her, "and that's exactly what Issac did. So this is your chance to get back at him."

May shook her head, "No. Not just rude to Isaac, but rude to Jasper. It feels like I'm using him."

"But, you're not." Olive was not about to let May back out of this plan, "You showed interest in him long before this plan. You're just showing a bit more interest than you have. Not a big deal, you'll get over it."

"I don't know, Ol—" May tried again, but Olive wasn't taking it, shushing her quickly.

Olive grabbed her hand, guiding her through the crowd of people. "Stop thinking about it and trust me. This is a good idea."

May didn't trust Olive as much when she said "Trust me". Like something inside her mind was telling her that Olive wasn't the one to trust, that she wasn't as trustworthy as Scott's group that she called "odd".