ONE | NEW GIRL

chapter one, new girl.

MAY'S HEART RACED AS SHE LOOKED DOWN AT HER OUTFIT

MAY'S HEART RACED AS SHE LOOKED DOWN AT HER OUTFIT. The soft green sweater was loose, leaving her body shape to be a mystery, with simple dark grey leggings to help it out.

Her mind traveled far and wide, looking for any insecurity that could be present on her. Would they take one look at her and cast her aside? She didn't find herself to be the prettiest, but she hoped she wasn't ugly enough to make them turn her away.

"You're fine. This is fine." May whispered to herself, reaching for the door handle.

And oh great, she thought, everyone's already here. Was she supposed to just take a seat? Would she introduce her like every other teacher had before the day ended?

May tried to take the first route, looking for an empty seat with one hand gripping her backpack, the other shoved into her sleeve. It only took a second for her eyes to land on a seat in the near middle of the room next to a boy who looked the same as the one only a table away.

Twins.

"Oh," the teacher finally took view of her, "you must be our new student. You're late."

"I'm sorry," May quickly apologized, "I couldn't find this room."

"Hm," Miss. Blake crossed her arms over her chest, "well you'll have to find a guide from now on. I will not tolerate lateness in this class."

"Once again, I apologize." May stepped forward to head towards the empty seat, but Miss. Blake now felt the need to tell the whole class who the late student was.

"Everyone, please say your hello's to Magaret Harley."

May turned a bright pink, "Please, just call me May."

"Margaret," Miss. Blake took her words in one ear and out the other, "you can take a seat next to Aiden."

May didn't know who Aiden was, but taking as the only empty seat was next to one of the twins, she assumed he was Aiden. On the other side of her sat a boy who appeared to be sending Aiden daggers with his eyes.

Not questioning it, May quickly took a seat and watched Miss. Blake turn around to scribble more on the board. She let out a heavy sigh as soon as she sat down, feeling relieved to be out of the spotlight.

Aiden stuck his hand out to her, "Hi. I'm Aiden."

His voice was hushed so May did the same to hers, "That means I'm the right seat then. Thank God."

He laughed softly, "Yeah, Miss. Blake might turn out to be the worst this year. I'd be careful."

"Seems she already doesn't like my company," May leaned back, toying with the ends of her sweater.

Her face was still red because she could feel eyes on her, but this time she knew exactly where they were coming from. The boy next to her seemed dreadfully upset with Aiden, and was burning holes through her face to get to him.