SEVENTEEN | ALLISON

chapter seventeen, allison.

I CHANGED INTO NORMAL CLOTHES AND NOT PAJAMAS BEFORE CREEPING OUT MY FRONT DOOR

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I CHANGED INTO NORMAL CLOTHES AND NOT PAJAMAS BEFORE CREEPING OUT MY FRONT DOOR. Marta didn't even want me to leave, worried about my safety, but I'd already spent enough time on myself. I needed to help them figure out where the hell our parents were.

Two fathers and a mother. Gone. Taken by a murderous English teacher.

I pulled my slightly curled hair back into a low ponytail just like the night before as I went down my front steps, heading to my car that sat in the driveway. Now all I needed to do was figure out where the hell Allison Argent lived.

I just knew that Marta was still watching me leave, even after I'd told her multiple times that I was perfectly fine and that I didn't need any emotional support right now. Which is a lie, but that doesn't matter.

"Psst!"

Just before I could make it to my car, a voice sounds from the sidewalk, catching my attention. I get whiplash from how fast I look over, nose scrunching when I see Allison in the car from last night.

What the hell is she doing here?

Also, how do so many people know where I live? It's getting kind of worrying at this point. Especially with a dad missing.

Quickly, I jog over to the side of her car, peering in through the passenger's side window. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Just get in, I'll fill you in on everything on the way to school." Allison doesn't request and I groan, remembering that we actually have school today.

I open the car door quickly and hop in, patiently waiting for her to start moving. But she doesn't, staring me down like shes waiting for something.

"What?" I question.

"Seatbelt."

I chuckle with a small eye-roll, pulling the seatbelt over my body before leaning against the car door as she begins driving. It's silent for a while, like she forgets that she said she'd fill me in.

"So?" I decide to start the conversation, "I thought I was supposed to come to your house."

"We all would've been late to school if we waited for that," she shrugs, "so we figured out what we needed to, and I offered just to pick you up and fill you in. Good way for us to become more of friends."

"Oh." I felt kind of bad that it seemed they were always figuring things out before I could help, "Well what did you guys find out? Do you know where they're being held?"

"We might," Allison informs me, "I don't know if anyone ever told you, but my dad has this map of telluric currents-"

I finish her sentence, so that she knows I understand what shes talking about. "Which is how she gets her power and where all the sacrifices and such lie."