TWENTY | A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

chapter twenty, a deal with the devil.

"NO, YOU'RE NOT GOING BACK WITH THEM." Stiles immediately rejects Scott's plan, pacing back and forth in front of us with his towel in his hands. My own is wrapped tightly around me, and I can't wait to throw my sweatshirt over me the second I dry off a little bit.

Sixteen hours in the water has me feeling like a wrinkly old lady.

I reply softly, trying to calm him down. "He made a deal with Deucalion, Stiles. He doesn't really have much of a choice if we're being honest here."

Stiles replies frustratedly, "I don't know about you, flower, but a deal with Deucalion sounds a lot like a deal with the devil to me."

"What does it matter anyway?" Isaac questions from his spot at my side, our arms touching and providing me with a little bit of warmth.

He hasn't left my side since I came out of the water, and I'm just happy he was able to pull me back. I guess that really does confirm that my feelings might be true, and that just maybe, his might be too. But I don't want the rejection and it's not the time to talk about it, so I will never bring it up.

That's far too embarrassing for my liking. What am I supposed to do if he doesn't even like me?

Not the time, May. Not the time.

"I don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help," Scott answers Isaac's question and I agree with him.

I mean, I've never seen any of them in a fight and I don't think that they're weak at all, but Jennifer has continuously beat us this entire time. Hell, she was teaching us English whilst killing people and we had no clue. And the two times we've had her with us, she's somehow disappeared again.

If we can't even keep capture over her, I don't think we can beat her.

Allison looks to Deaton, "He trusts you more than anyone. You have to tell him he's wrong."

All eyes fall on Deaton to see what his thoughts are, Stiles and Allison both hoping that he'll tell Scott to stay far away from the Alpha pack and to never return to them. But, this is the exact opposite of what happens.

"I'm not so sure he is." Deaton shrugs, "Sometimes difficult times, like this, force you to align yourself with people you may consider your enemies."

Wow. How is it that every word that leaves his mouth ends up sounding so wise? It's like I'm staring right at Professor Dumbledore from Harry Potter. He knows everything. I should ask him about sirens later...