SIX | SILENCE

chapter six, silence.

AFTER EVERYTHING THAT OCCURED THE NIGHT BEFORE, MAY WAS COMPLETELY SILENT

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

AFTER EVERYTHING THAT OCCURED THE NIGHT BEFORE, MAY WAS COMPLETELY SILENT. After being told what she nearly did to herself, she left the room in silence. She slept on the bus in silence. She found out about the wolfsbane inside Coach's whistle in silence.

And in silence, she pondered upon it all.

There was no way she was a werewolf, right? May had never heard of werewolves before Beacon Hills and she'd never been bit by an animal like a werewolf even before that.

She'd remember a bite like that.

It was still hard for her to even make sense of what werewolves were and the fact that they weren't just some made-up fairy tale that kept her up at night when she was five.

May had never even thought about the possibility that her mother was a werewolf because she didn't believe in them.

Now, she could see that her mother showed signs of a deprived werewolf — a rapid one, if that was possible — but May knew her mother had never bitten her before. Her mother had actually never laid a finger on her, so even if her mother was a werewolf, she couldn't have turned her daughter into one.

With all the confusion and traumatic memories swirling around in her head, May chose to ignore all the supernatural talk. She wanted nothing to do with it.

She just wanted to get off this stupid bus, go hang out with Olive and maybe even Quinn and Gracie, and then do her lovely job of dog-walking. May would lead out a normal life.

One without wolfsbane, suicidal hotels, psychics, or anything of the sort.

One thing May didn't factor in was that Stiles wasn't one to let go of things. And with her being the only mystery component, it seemed maybe she could be the reason for all the sacrifices and Druid bullshit.

Plus, he thought she was a genius.

So, as May tucked all her things away and hurried off the bus, Stiles was quick on her heel. "May! May, come on. Wait up!"

"Go away, Stiles." May simply replied, setting her bag down on a bench so she could pull out her phone and text Olive.

Olive had promised to take her home, so without her, May would be walking. Considering the fact her car was not at the school and driving with her father was like driving through hell and back, so she couldn't ask him for a ride.

May tried not to do anything that meant talking to her father.

"Come on, flower. What's wrong?" Stiles questioned and received no response, so he tried again. "We need you to figure this all out. You're our missing puzzle piece! This is a good thing, trust me."