TWENTY-ONE | NEMETON

chapter twenty-one, nemeton.

ALLISON DROVE DOWN TO THE BEACON HILLS PRESERVE SIGN, BUT SHE DIDN'T SHUT THE CAR OFF

ALLISON DROVE DOWN TO THE BEACON HILLS PRESERVE SIGN, BUT SHE DIDN'T SHUT THE CAR OFF. Isaac, Scott, and I all got out of the car quickly — ready to get this thing over with and save a few parents. But, Allison didn't follow.

She rolled down her window as I made my way to her side of the car with Scott, the three of us stood in front of the window waiting for her explanation. My hands were shaky, from the sort of interrogation and the problem that lay ahead of us.

"I'm gonna go find my dad and make sure he's okay." Allison gives us a sorry look, "I'm not much help when I have no clue what this thing even looks like. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," I respond immediately — her worry for her dad has been evident ever since he offered himself inside that bank vault.

I don't much blame her either, considering the fact that we couldn't really get him to wake up. Maybe he just had really strong resilience against our punching, but still, it worried even me.

Allison gives one final nod before she rolls up her window, backing up and out of the woods. The sounds of the storm are nearly deafening to hear as she leaves only Isaac, Scott and I here.

Isaac pulls out his phone, sighing. "I still haven't gotten anything from Stiles. You?" His eyes go to Scott.

Scott shakes his head, "No. I don't understand what could've happened."

"Well, we can't wait very long. It's almost time." I hate to say it, but I have to.

I just know that Stiles has to be okay, and that he would want us to look for his father before checking up on him. It's a bad storm out there and who knows if it could just be slow driving.. something could've slowed him down..

Isaac agrees, "We can't wait for him. Come on."

Scott and I share a look of worry before jogging to catch up to Isaac's quick pace, knowing there's a deadline we need to meet. None of us speak as we walk quickly to the cliff where the meeting place is.

The meeting place for us and Deucalion.

It's where Isaac and I will depart from Scott, leaving him alone with — as Stiles said — the Alpha of all Alphas... The destroyer of worlds. Sounds safe, doesn't it?

I look worriedly down on the time my phone shows, "We're cutting it close." I barely know these woods and I just have to blindly trust that they do.

Scott waves off my worry, "We're close."

A few more steps and we're climbing up a small incline, to a rocky edge that overlooks most of what I assume to be Beacon Hills. Bright lights shine amongst the darkness and we can see where the storm isn't touching.