FIFTEEN | WORRY

chapter fifteen, worry.

STILES AND I MAKE SMALL TALK INSIDE THE AMBULANCE AND ITS OBVIOUS THAT HES STILL UPSET

STILES AND I MAKE SMALL TALK INSIDE THE AMBULANCE AND ITS OBVIOUS THAT HES STILL UPSET. I don't blame him, if someone I loved was taken and had seemingly disappeared through a broken window, I'd be pretty upset too.

It's easy for me to feel empathy for Stiles too.

His dads missing and his mom died a few years back, from what I've gathered. So if he can't get his father back, then he'll be left as an orphan child.

I can understand that slightly because while my dad is perfectly safe, he's the only parent I have left. I don't have the same bonds with my parents as Stiles does, but still, I can understand his pain. I can sympathize.

Even with everything my dads done, I'd still be distraught if he went missing.

"Cora called us all useless the other day," his tone is low and sounds like he's on the verge of tears, "I'm starting to think she was right too."

I frowned, "I don't think you're useless at all. And that's coming from someone who tried to hate you, multiple times."

"You still trying to do that?" He questions with a small smile.

I nodded my head from side-to-side. "Eh. It's a work in progress."

Stiles laughed for a short second, before continuing with the previous dismal topic. I was happy that he felt comfortable enough to confide in me with something like this. It was nice.

"It wasn't that she was calling me useless, or us as people useless." Stiles fumbled with his fingers, "She was calling us useless to finding a solution to all these sacrifices. And she wasn't wrong. We only find the dead bodies."

"That doesn't make you useless at all. If you guys weren't the ones to find them, the police would've just written it off as a mass murderer and would never catch them." I poke his chest, "You and your friends caught Miss. Blake all on your own."

"You helped, in your own way." Stiles tells me and immediately I laugh.

"Don't even try to give me credit for all this. All I did was cause trouble and drama." I shake my head, "I am nothing compared to you guys."

"Stop saying stuff like that," I'd never heard Stiles sound so serious, "Isaac told us what you were saying about yourself the night he told you about the siren thing too. You're perfect, May, trust me."

I've taken a notice to how everyone in this friend group always said to 'trust them'. And I've also taken a notice to the fact that I always do end up trusting them.

"Thank you," I wasn't sure what to say but I reached over for his hand, "We're gonna find your dad."

He questioned, "Dead or alive?"