special

Theo's pov

I am hungry.

And what's the best way to get rid of the gut-wrenching, hard-core pain and disappointment of having no fruit roll ups in my stomach? Eating something...something that belongs to Sofie.

She will hate me for it.

Whatever

"What the fuck are you doing?" I freeze in place, my foot dangling in the air, as I try to hide the fact that I'm taking a step forward by moving really really slow. My gaze shifts to the side, where I notice Sofie furrowing her brows in my direction.

"She knows...run," My inner ego tells me, but Sofie's piercing gaze causes my breath to catch and the voice in my head to go silent.

"Don't do it," I tell myself, only to realize that I actually said it out loud.

"Don't do what?" Sofie asks, and I stifle my response. I look down at my current location and the kitchen, which is so close...so so close.

"Nothing"

"Theo..."

I give her one more look, before sprinting to the kitchen. I love the penthouse's kitchen. Especially when it's stuffed with snacks, drinks, food, and everything else I'll need to care for my dad belly I'm growing.

Who knew eating Ellie's scones would do this to me?

"You're not going to finish the last cake slice!" Behind me, Sofie shouts. I yelp, afraid by her demands that I not open the fridge, but I open the fridge.

Sofie replies, "That cake is mine," as I scream in terror when she closes the door, the magnets and papers connected to it rattling. I turn my gaze to them, letting go of the tension in my shoulders before smiling at the memories.

"Oh, that's cute," I say as I tweak the Eiffel Tower magnet Eeyore and JaeJae gave us before turning back to face Sofie and narrowing my eyes again. "You aren't."

"You're the one to talk," Sofie scoffs and I laugh in her face.

"You're the one to talk," I imitate, swallowing my sudden nerves as I watch the fumes raging from the sides of her ears.

"The cake is mine"

"The cake is mine," I stick my tongue out, easily opening the refrigerator because she doubts my bicep power. She always does, and I don't mind if I brag about it all the time.

It's not my fault I'm the most beautiful, Zeus-like, and attractive God she's ever seen.

"How about we share?" Sofie snatches the cake from my grip, and I sulk, staring at nothing but the air instead of my freaking cake. "It was my graduation cake from Ellie anyways, so eat your own."

Correction it's Sofie's freaking cake.

"I ate it all," I sigh as I watch her place the container on the counter and open it to reveal the most appetising, salivating, beautiful-est cake I've ever seen.

It's a work of art for such a small slice, and it almost makes me want not to eat it...

I'm going to eat it.

"Give me some," I run up to her, grabbing the fork from her grip and swallowing the piece. I was correct. It is salivating. I was so captivated with the cake's sweetness and delicacy that it made me drool.

Sofie sneers at me, "You're drooling," and I scowl back. Did she think I was joking?

"I told you I was salivating"