19. dior

"So you're telling me about your humiliating moments to prove your honesty?" As Jae approaches my house, I ask.

"Well, I've humiliated you enough, now it's my turn," he says, I turn around to see him with a sincere smile on his face.

"I don't think it would help me if I knew you peed your pants when you were 13," I say, making both of us laugh.

"No one knows; I told myself I'd never tell anyone because who the fuck pees their pants at thirteen?" he scrunches up his face, his body completely turned to face me.

"I know who," I say as I watch his brows furrow. "You," I say, laughing as his features droop and then turn into a smile.

"I should tell Theo," I reply, laughing even harder when his eyes open and his mouth falls agape.

He desperately shakes his head, "Don't you dare. He'll tell the rest of the team."

"Okay...I'll see," I shrug as I watch him furrow his brow in concern, hoping I might say anything like that. My eyes automatically widen as I see him rubbing his hurt shoulder. "Shit"

He shifts his focus to me, his face filled with concern as he checks to see if I've injured myself. The genuine concern in his expression makes my heart flutter at the small gesture.

"Go down there," I say, pointing to an entrance to my building's underground parking.

"Why?"

"Do it," I say, shaking my head as I see him shift into drive and start moving down the road I indicated.

Before I lead him through the twists and turns to the underground garage, he scans the card for security. We eventually arrive at one of my few parking spaces, which causes Jae's jaw to drop. As I point to a spot next to my Audi, his jaw is clenched and he doesn't bother to close it. He pulls off to the side of my car and swallows his disbelief.

I get out of the vehicle, seeing Jae follow suit, gaping at the several high-end vehicles parked in the parking lot.

"Wow," he mutters, pivoting in his spot to inspect the collection of cars parked further down in the garage. When he sees me walking towards my car, opening the door, and taking out the extra essentials I hold in case of emergency, he furrows his brows.

"That's your car too?"As he watches me lock my Mercedes, his jaw drops even more, his eyes wide open, and he drags a hand down his forehead. "You have a Mercedes and an Audi?"

I shrug as I lead him to the elevators, "Yes and a lambo."

"You've got a what?" I laugh at his excitement as I click the button when he exclaims, making his voice echo in the garage.

I roll my eyes and close his mouth for him, saying, "Stocks, investments, hard work."

He mumbles under his breath, looking at the elevator floors, "Shit Ellie Mae." He makes me say "thank you" as he presses the top floor for me.

"What are we doing here?" As I lead the way to my house, he asks.

As I take out my keys and open the doors to our penthouse, I shake my head and say, "You wouldn't like it." His mouth drops open once more as he enters my house, prompting me to pull him inside and close the door behind him. Before escorting Jae to the living room, I put my bags on the counter.

"Sit," I say, his eyes still wandering around the room; I note the gleam in his eyes as he admires the room's simple decor and furniture. "Take off your hoodie."

In fright, his head snaps to me, desperately looking away from my blank gaze. I sit him back down after he gets up from the couch.

"We didn't do your therapy yesterday, Jae," I explain as I see his eyes relax and his mouth form an O shape. As he embarrassingly rubs his neck, I laugh and shake my head.