14. misunderstanding

"ELLIE, MOVE YOUR ASS WE NEED TO GO"

I roll my eyes when I hear Malcom from the living room. In front of the mirror, I glance at my figure, content with my dress and outfit for tonight. Before leaving my room, I double-check my makeup and accessories.

As I put my phone and wallet into my purse, I find Theo, Sofie, and Malcom staring at me.

"Holy goddess," Malcom squints his eyes at me and murmurs. "Are you even real?" He shrieks, and the thrilling echo causes me to cover my ears.

To prove it, I smack his chest with my bag and roll my eyes. He stumbles backwards, grabbing the spot where I struck him. "Let's go, our ride is waiting for us."

"Holy shit Ellie," Sofie holds me in arms length, roaming her eyes around my body. "You look-"

"Wow" Theo exclaims. "You look really pretty Ellie." Sofie has to shut his mouth for him because it hangs open.

Before changing the bottom part of my dress, I say, "Thank you." to them. "Can we leave right now?" We're running late, so I irritably point to the entrance.

"Didn't I tell you that a few seconds ago?" Malcom says as he walks pass by me.

"Whatever, Malcom, let's go," I say as I hurry out the door, my heels clicking against the floor tiles and Malcom jogging alongside me.

"You're going to make my suit wrinkly," he smooths down the fabric of his suit. "And you need to wear it like this, May I?"

When I nod my head Malcom takes the bottom of my corset and shimmys it upwards to make my boobs look perkier and outlined. As we descend, I take a look at myself in the elevator mirrors and offer another nod of approval.

"Really?" As he adjusts the rest of my dress and necklace, I lift an eyebrow.

He fixes my hair by delicately pinching my roots, and I slap his hand away. "I told you when you put the dress on you need to breath my then pull so the dress can hold both of your boobs," he says, and I slap his hand away.

 "I told you when you put the dress on you need to breath my then pull so the dress can hold both of your boobs," he says, and I slap his hand away

"Ouch," Although glaring at me, he rubs the pain out of his hand. "How about-"

"You're nervous" I face the doors of the elevator.

"No, I'm not," he remarks loudly until I hear him swallow his nerves.

"Yeah right"

"What makes you think I am huh?" He sticks a tongue at me and crossing his eyes together like a child.

"You go all fashion frenzy on me," I step out of the elevator, waving to the security at the front desk of our building.

He gasps again, nervously patting the sides of his pockets. "I did not," he says again. When I see the limousine stopped in front of me, I suppress a smile and hold my head forward.